Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA pulling Kiev and St Petersburg routes effective 4 Oct 2019

Old May 17, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

just had text saying my fllight to Kiev in December was cancelled. Rang to rebook it and been told not possible as the whole route has been pulled Inconvienent as I have a Qatar flight to Vietnam from there. Back to the drawing board- might have to use Ryanair
Old May 17, 2019, 7:06 am

Why not Lufthansa or Swiss if you don't mind a stop.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
LED as well by the looks of it
Old May 17, 2019, 7:36 am

Both LED and KBP suspended. Last flights from LHR 4th October.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
That is scary since we are booked to fly to Kiev in early July. The last couple of times I've gone into my BA acct. online they don't have my flights in manage my booking and I have to put in the booking reference number. I then get a message they have my flights but cannot display them. We have not received notice of cancellation so hopefully our flights are still there? Very inconvenient!
Old May 17, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LoCo effect for KBP. LED really does surprise me.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
Back to the drawing board- might have to use Ryanair
No, dont!!

Fly TK via IST and you might be very pleasantly surprised - especially in biz
Old May 17, 2019, 7:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The LoCo effect for KBP. LED really does surprise me.
I suspect the wider political issues relating to Russia, sanctions, and their machinations in the Ukraine aren't providing the revenues needed to sustain the routes. But still it's never great to see destinations go, it takes a lot to get them restored to the timetable.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoweyB

No, dont!!

Fly TK via IST and you might be very pleasantly surprised - especially in biz
TK would mean a minimum travel time of approx 7.30/8 hrs vs 3.20 hrs on FR.
A return ticket on TK starts at around GBP640 in business and around GBP215 in economy.
A return ticket on FR starts at around 55.

Undoubtedly a much more comfortable experience in TK but not really comparable in either cost or duration.
mcgahat, shefgab, brunos and 9 others like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
That's a shame. I've flown both routes several times and much prefer it to local airlines for direct flights.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:30 am
R2

Lufthansa (used to) have great Business class fares to Kiev from several European cities, not sure if they are still there but it's worth checking.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
TK would mean a minimum travel time of approx 7.30/8 hrs vs 3.20 hrs on FR.
A return ticket on TK starts at around GBP640 in business and around GBP215 in economy.
A return ticket on FR starts at around 55.

Undoubtedly a much more comfortable experience in TK but not really comparable in either cost or duration.
Think i can cope for a short flight like that Have 4 qatar biz flights to look forward to Although not my OHs favourite the A380
Old May 17, 2019, 8:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

just had text saying my fllight to Kiev in December was cancelled. Rang to rebook it and been told not possible as the whole route has been pulled Inconvienent as I have a Qatar flight to Vietnam from there. Back to the drawing board- might have to use Ryanair
Hold off rebooking alternative flights. BA will follow up with rebooking guidelines for customers effected by the route suspension. We'll probably learn what these are within the next week or so.

Last edited by Prospero; May 17, 2019 at 8:55 am Reason: Typo
Old May 17, 2019, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Hold off rebooking alternative flights. BA will follow up with rebooking guidelines for customers effected by the route suspension. We'll problem learn what these are within the next week or so.
yeah guy on silver line said something about that Will hold off booking anything else for next week or so and call them back first
Old May 17, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
yeah guy on silver line said something about that Will hold off booking anything else for next week or so and call them back first
But if there's no better alternative for you than FR, maybe you should just go ahead and book it -- if it's cheaper that is. BA would rebook you with no refund so you might as well pocket the difference; if BA do rebook to FR or others do so first, the discount is only going to close.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.