Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA pulling Kiev and St Petersburg routes effective 4 Oct 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA pulling Kiev and St Petersburg routes effective 4 Oct 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Just wondering would BA even entertain the idea of re-booking to direct PS or SU flights ex-LGW?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:25 am

Perhaps because it’s the second last day and there have been rebooking for those that were due to fly later this week, but CE on today’s flight from St Petersburg to Heathrow is 12 rows. Crazy! Curious to know how it was for anyone that was flying in that cabin.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:08 am

In my experience, this has been quite a normal cabin size on the LED-LHR flight this year - the Russian customers do love "Business Class" as seen with the popularity of F and CW on the 20 min longer DME/SVO flights. I personally think that this was more a political and practicality of dealing with Russian airport regulations etc. decision, than it was to do with revenue.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I was talking about Kyiv to someone at work today and lamenting the loss of the service. Fabulous city to visit, and a good TP earning destination too. I live in hope of its reinstatement.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Kind of irritating that after I can finally get an e-visa for St Petersburg (effective 1 October) the BA route is gone...
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Fly TK via IST and you might be very pleasantly surprised - especially in biz
I have always been impressed with TK Bus class on every sector I have flown with them 👍
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:53 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
get an e-visa for St Petersburg
Sadly not with a UK or US passport
Old Oct 5, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
With Euro 2020 around the corner, it would have been handy to have the LHR-LED. With the possible high loads during the tournament, I think BA have missed a trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.