Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Aren’t McD chicken nuggets made with the same stuff they use for breast implants? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Anyway, 1A sounds like they type who would wear brown shoes with a blue suit...<shudder>.
I shudder at the idea of a blue suit.
The Muffin Man likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Are there any airports that sell doner kebabs near the gate? I think that would be a great choice for a flight - napkin tucked into the collar.
Crampedin13A, IntVic, Stez and 3 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
I don't have a problem with people self catering and have done so a few times - but usually some items from Pret a Manger or Starbucks (remember the days when you got a £15 credit if your flight was leaving from T5C).
Because I hate the smell of other people's hot food on public transport eg the Tube, I would not bring hot food on board. Coffee is acceptable though.
I think the only time I have seen MacDs brought on board anywhere was on a very hot day at ORD when the two rather portly AA pilots arrived carrying the brown paper bags with, I'm guessing, their Big Mac meals inside. It wasn't a great impression to be honest, but who am I to judge. We got to MIA in one piece so they weren't too distracted.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I actually love piping hot McDonalds french fries tossed with black truffle and salt. I empty the fresh french fries from their cardboard sleeve (two large sleeves are enough for six or eight people at a cocktail party) into the paper outer bag and shake with the shaved truffles and salt. Serve in a crystal or silver bowl. Yummy with Champagne.

It's trashy, but I challenge anyone to deny that it is delicious.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I actually love piping hot McDonalds french fries tossed with black truffle and salt. I empty the fresh french fries from their cardboard sleeve (two large sleeves are enough for six or eight people at a cocktail party) into the paper outer bag and shake with the shaved truffles and salt. Serve in a crystal or silver bowl. Yummy with Champagne.

Fantastic!
Old May 10, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
At the other end of the spectrum, I take my own chilled caviar and decent cheeses with bread on flights where frankly I don’t think the grub’s up to much. Finnair for example seem to have what must be one of the least enticing cheese plates I’ve ever seen.

Bringing gooey cheese and caviar onboard has its own challenges, I place them in my liquids bag, which usually results in a brief swab at security IME. I then place the caviar back in my mini cool bag with some ice in the lounge.

Old May 10, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howard Long
At the other end of the spectrum, I take my own chilled caviar and decent cheeses with bread on flights where frankly I don’t think the grub’s up to much. Finnair for example seem to have what must be one of the least enticing cheese plates I’ve ever seen.

Bringing gooey cheese and caviar onboard has its own challenges, I place them in my liquids bag, which usually results in a brief swab at security IME. I then place the caviar back in my mini cool bag with some ice in the lounge.

How does the caviar pair with the "hapankorppu" ?

Just for clarification, that is the thin, hard, rye bread crackers placed on top of the AY meager cheese offerings..
Bluecardholder likes this.

Last edited by teemuflyer; May 10, 2019 at 5:42 pm Reason: edification
Old May 10, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I want to fly with you Howard
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:55 pm

We don't know the persons situation and its none of our business. Maybe they have been on the go all morning (or longer) and that was the first chance they got to have a bite to eat.

Been stuck next to someone who brought some sort of cheese and onion sandwich on board. That was on an A320 in close quarters. I think I can live with the smell of chicken nuggets in F. The odour will dissipate when the air systems crank into life.
our_kid likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:57 pm

Probably the best food they’ll have on that flight.
Stez, MSPeconomist and Davidjonesk like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by fastflyer

Do the staff roll their eyes at you if you do this when you 'eat in'?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Aren’t McD chicken nuggets made with the same stuff they use for breast implants? I’m sure I read that somewhere.
Don't be silly. The only use the breast implant material for the filet o fish. For the Mcnuggets, they use the collagen that you can get injected into your lips.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
How does the caviar pair with the "hapankorppu" ?

Just for clarification, that is the thin, hard, rye bread slices placed on top of the AY meager cheese offerings..
Nah, that’s what your purlicue and index and thumb metacarpals are made for!

On the subject, I’ve had no luck with blinis, they don’t really travel well at all.

More generally, I’d prefer that BA reintroduced passenger operated air vents as a means to avoid the smellies as well as for when the plane’s piping hot.

teemuflyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Look at the HORROR! A Burger in Lufthansa First Class?

Alert the Luftwaffe!

P.S. I would open an IN-N-Out inside LAX if I could.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
"For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rustle your McDonalds bags"
TTmex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.