Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing McDonald's food into BA first class

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Global Mercenary
If it's OK for my President, It's OK for me!!
Old May 10, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I wonder what wine one would choose to complement a Maccie D meal ?
Stoemp likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
I got sat in 1K the other day with a starbucks and the crew brought me some shortcake biscuits with the PJ's, thought that was nice

When I travel in first or biz I keep to myself, that privacy is what I pay for, and don't frankly notice other people let alone care how they smell or what they eat.
filegumbo and JoanS like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, it seems rude for the cabin crew to judge the guy and roll their eyes. Presumably he's a paying customers, in fact a customer who is paying or has paid a lot to their employer.

This is independent of what we think of his taste or etiquette. AFAIK he's not violating any BA rules although perhaps there should be a no smelly food rule to go with the no smelly people standard.
To be fair, who knows why the crew were rolling their eyes in the galley. Maybe they had spotted one passenger taking a photo of another passenger.

I’ve often seen people bringing hot food onboard, I’m not sure it matters where they will be sitting or which brand it is.
DYKWIA, LCY8737, IAMORGAN and 11 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Stoemp
Am I being snooty in thinking this was perhaps not quite the done thing?
It's worse than you fear. Snooty is scoffing at it, and rolling your eyes at the FA. You chose to take a photo and posted it on the internet which puts you in a-hole or DYKWIA territory. Did you know you're allowed to mind your own business?
Old May 10, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It's certainly not the worst thing you'll smell in F.
Crampedin13A, nivsy and Stoemp like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
if my diet allowed it, i'd have NO CONCERN bringing two cheeseburgers from mcdonalds with me haha!

however i too think of the smell that may offend others and thats why i wouldn't.

but to each their own, 1A is paying for that seat in some manner, so they can do what they please!
Old May 10, 2019, 11:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've seen several people do it - and usually they come across as incredibly snobbish. I couldn't care less what people eat, but personally, I find it very rude to impose food that is actually very smelly to the rest of the cabin (regardless of travel class). The greasy smell of McDonald's take away food (or take away fried food generally) invariably lingers around for hours, long after people have finished their meal, infesting everyone's surroundings.

Note that it's only the smell/what is imposed onto others that I care about, not his taste. If he wanted to dine on 2 kilos of haribo, I couldn't care less because I couldn't smell it.
Totally agreed on this. It's just the smell that bothers me, too.

(I sometimes even eat the thing - maybe once or twice a year, but nowhere confined or near other people who aren't eating it!)

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
I remember being in a supermarket where a guy in front of me at the checkout had three items on the belt. Strawberries, prosecco and a pack of condoms.
And they say romance is dead

Maybe the person just wanted a snack.

Or s/he was hungry and had heard about slow service on the 787-9.

Or or maybe s/he was afraid of not getting a choice of meal despite being in first class.

First is lovely when you’re in the mood for it, but if you’re not... Even setting the table seems to take five minutes.

A double cheeseburger sounds great for my next JFK-LHR. I’ll eat it during the long taxi.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Mac Donald’s chicken nuggets are probably some of the best chicken nuggets on the planet so I see no problem with this, MR 1A is living the dream !
Old May 10, 2019, 11:49 am

Personally, the classiness of the food itself is less of concern to me than the smell. Though it could be worse (read: durian or natto).
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:49 am

This incident just proves that money and etiquette don't go hand-in-hand.

I do think the proper response is to overlook this behavior. But it would bother me a bit. I also find it sad so many people have such an eating "culture". This morning, I sat on the tram and a college student apparently had to use the <15 min ride to have breakfast. She had a box prepared with yogurt, muesli, and fruit and make lots of clinging noises as she seemed to aim for cleaning the bowl completely with her (metal) spoon.
champus likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Live and let live...
Old May 10, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have heard about MacDonald’s but never crossed the threshold ... is it recommended?
TheOldMan and Wifie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.