Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to redemption prices on partner airlines eff 30 May 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyuk
Yes. I have 5 award flights booked with JAL in September and October. Booked through the Gold line.
​​​Thanks. Were you charged the phone booking fee?
Old May 26, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by musehead
​​​Thanks. Were you charged the phone booking fee?
No, because I was unable to make the bookings on the website.

​​​
Old May 26, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I've had mixed success in booking domestic flights outside of 60 days. When booking JAL domestic awards on AA, I've had 0 success. The 60 day policy there is always enforced.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by flyuk
Speak to a different agent, perhaps in a different country. The policy seems to be enforced sporadically.
Indeed, I talked to Canadian agent finally booked the flight on Jan 2020 . But she have to make sure cannot book online and tried herself.
flyuk likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:47 pm

Hello, If I have a booking on AS using Avios, and need to update reservation/change dates after May 30, will it be costing the new Avios rate? Also will I be able to get a refund of the points if I am removing people from the reservation after May 30 and only lose the tax which is $5.60?
JAXBA likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by rajeshh
Hello, If I have a booking on AS using Avios, and need to update reservation/change dates after May 30, will it be costing the new Avios rate? Also will I be able to get a refund of the points if I am removing people from the reservation after May 30 and only lose the tax which is $5.60?
Not sure about the first question, but regarding your second question, the answer should be yes. There has been no indication that BA would change the flexibility conditions of reward bookings, only the rates. So you should still be able to cancel more than 24 hours out.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Deleted. Misunderstood.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:16 am

I was prepared to make several 4500 Avios bookings on JAL domestic for October today, the last day before they are raised to 6000. However, all the availability after 60 days out has disappeared overnight!
Old May 29, 2019, 9:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by musehead
I was prepared to make several 4500 Avios bookings on JAL domestic for October today, the last day before they are raised to 6000. However, all the availability after 60 days out has disappeared overnight!
have you called?

No availability for JAL domestic beyond 60 days is a well known issue but some have been able to book when calling, see the discussion from post 128 onwards
Old May 29, 2019, 9:44 am

Yeah, phone agents can't see anything available beyond 60 days now either.

It looks like the bug that was allowing JAL flights to be visible online and bookable over the phone after 60 days out has been fixed (for now at least).
Old May 29, 2019, 10:16 am

Consider making cash bookings with a JAL Japan Explorer Pass instead. You can book them far out, they are very reasonably priced, and earn Avios/TPs (which can be very lucrative when you pick up a 1,000 JPY standby upgrade to J).
Old May 29, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
In the past with these kind of changes, what time zone does May 30th go by?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
My assumption would be London, so in 2 hrs 20 mins, but I may be wrong.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Some things in BA land change at midnight GMT, but that is actually about 3:15 away.

I'm thinking about the opening of a new day for reservations at the far end of the booking cycle, for example.
Flying Victor likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
In the past with these kind of changes, what time zone does May 30th go by?
Good question. Not sure. Probably midnight of the capital city of each country, like BA.com.

For call centres there may well be some overlap in old/new rates depending on whether the agent has restarted their application since midnight of their local timezone.

It'd be interesting to know what will happen in the case of a customer who calls in before midnight where they are, but gets through to a call centre located in a timezone where it's after midnight. Hopefully that scenario will be rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.