Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated BA Club Lounge at JFK now open

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I thought that. Perhaps they are on their way/delayed. Don’t BA have a substantial art collection? The Gallery design concept was to display some of the collection, IIRC?

I must admit to being quite quite partial to the historical posters, I think it’s the JNB lounge that has the route from the prop liner days. Fascinating.
Taken from Business Traveller online...they had an interview with the Head of Ground product about this new JFK lounge and a direct question was asked about art...

Was art work important?

I think we have started to move away from it. It’s not a hugely structured decision. We have spent so much time working on the fabric of the lounges, the seating, dedicated areas and zones for passengers, it doesn’t need so much distraction with putting art up on the walls. I don’t think anyone woke up and said we are going to change direction. We still have the art collection but it’s far less of a focus than it was previously.
So I guess there is more to this...the cynic in me would say cost or maybe they just want a clean minimalist look.

Full interview here:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/fe...itish-airways/
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:27 am

Apologies if I missed a newer thread about this lounge, but I'm flying in J on NH 109 at 4:55p to HND next week and I believe this lounge is what I can use (unless I'm feeling frisky enough to trek to T1 for LH ). Assuming I can get my BP online, I'm coming off a redeye and hoping to spend the day at the lounge doing work. Questions:

1) Will it be an issue entering the lounge 8-9 hours before my same day flight?
2) Do I have access to the showers as an NH passenger?
3) Is there any furniture at the lounge that is conducive for a quick nap, like a lounge chair or chair with ottoman?
4) I'm assuming the lounge is fairly quiet during the day, but is there anything resembling a phone room where I can make phone calls if necessary?

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Apologies if I missed a newer thread about this lounge, but I'm flying in J on NH 109 at 4:55p to HND next week and I believe this lounge is what I can use (unless I'm feeling frisky enough to trek to T1 for LH ). Assuming I can get my BP online, I'm coming off a redeye and hoping to spend the day at the lounge doing work. Questions:

3) Is there any furniture at the lounge that is conducive for a quick nap, like a lounge chair or chair with ottoman?
4) I'm assuming the lounge is fairly quiet during the day, but is there anything resembling a phone room where I can make phone calls if necessary?

Thanks!
Bump. I'm hoping to not drop $150 on the TWA hotel day room if I can get to the lounge and shower/change/work (the only major pro to the hotel room would be a bed to nap in). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
there is an app / wesite that offers day rooms for reasonable rates. it got a mention on a thread asking about layovers on the new york board the other day - dayuse.com - not used it myself though

Not free like the lounge or as expensive as TWA but a better option for some proper sleep and privacy and quiet to work in.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
there is an app / wesite that offers day rooms for reasonable rates. it got a mention on a thread asking about layovers on the new york board the other day - dayuse.com - not used it myself though

Not free like the lounge or as expensive as TWA but a better option for some proper sleep and privacy and quiet to work in.
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind as it looks like some nearby hotels are about 40% less than TWA for the times I need. Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair

Thanks!
Visit report, in case anyone else stumbles upon this question through Google or what-have-you. The answers to the above:
1) Early entry was not an issue.
2) Yes, there is shower access but you may need to flag down an attendant
3) There is a lounge chair area in the back with a handful of spaces to sleep. Go past the Elemis spa to where you are unsure if you are still in the lounge or a service hallway; they are there. Not sure if it's part of the spa but given it doesn't open until 4:30p, it should be fine going there.
4) My only major issue with the lounge - music is piped in everywhere. Even the lounge chair section had it coming in. I could not find a place to make phone calls without the background music (and a client confirmed, they could hear the music fairly clearly on their end). There are a lot of loud boarding announcements for the morning ANA flight from 10-1040 or so, but nothing after that until 4p ish.

One other slight disappointment - only self-pour alcohol is available until 4:30p; the tended bar does not open until then.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I was there last night and took a guest in. No restrictions on who can eat as you order the food via the QR code on your tables. My guest who doesn’t travel much was impressed by the food, drinks, service and the lounge itself.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.