FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renovated BA Club Lounge at JFK now open
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:03 pm
lowfareair

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Apologies if I missed a newer thread about this lounge, but I'm flying in J on NH 109 at 4:55p to HND next week and I believe this lounge is what I can use (unless I'm feeling frisky enough to trek to T1 for LH ). Assuming I can get my BP online, I'm coming off a redeye and hoping to spend the day at the lounge doing work. Questions:

1) Will it be an issue entering the lounge 8-9 hours before my same day flight?
2) Do I have access to the showers as an NH passenger?
3) Is there any furniture at the lounge that is conducive for a quick nap, like a lounge chair or chair with ottoman?
4) I'm assuming the lounge is fairly quiet during the day, but is there anything resembling a phone room where I can make phone calls if necessary?

Thanks!
Visit report, in case anyone else stumbles upon this question through Google or what-have-you. The answers to the above:
1) Early entry was not an issue.
2) Yes, there is shower access but you may need to flag down an attendant
3) There is a lounge chair area in the back with a handful of spaces to sleep. Go past the Elemis spa to where you are unsure if you are still in the lounge or a service hallway; they are there. Not sure if it's part of the spa but given it doesn't open until 4:30p, it should be fine going there.
4) My only major issue with the lounge - music is piped in everywhere. Even the lounge chair section had it coming in. I could not find a place to make phone calls without the background music (and a client confirmed, they could hear the music fairly clearly on their end). There are a lot of loud boarding announcements for the morning ANA flight from 10-1040 or so, but nothing after that until 4p ish.

One other slight disappointment - only self-pour alcohol is available until 4:30p; the tended bar does not open until then.