Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Good to see popcorn and crisps are available without raiding the club larder...
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Will100

Homophobia is not welcome here, you used it in a negative way.

Comments that are not New F service related are not welcome on this thread.

I thank the OP for giving us a exclusive on this, so please continue and also happy Mothering Sunday to those of us in the U.K.
NoY, hiljil, cosmo74 and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It appears that a tray for the hot towel appears to have been introduced, too, based on the photos?
Correct, new larger hot towels are served individually on a small tray, one on boarding, one after the first meal and one before the second.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by camdentown
Agree with that - my suggestion was rather than no-one will use the stick, or indeed need a deodorant at all in First.
The high fashion brands stick is simply to complete the range.
However the stick in the BA kit can in no way be described as fashion in any way shape or form.
Most of the sampler frangrances are a small vial with a dipper, rather than a spray and might be a welcome return to the amenity kit.
Well, I'm suggesting that BA think their amenity kit is a higher end fashion item. Not everyone agrees

I think the deodorant stick had a minority but dedicated following among customers. One factor for an amenity kit is: how easy is it to buy deodorant in airports? Surprisingly hard, you need either a dedicated toiletries store (such as Boots) or a particularly well-stocked newsagent/convinience shop. Not nearly every airport has those available to BA passengers, even large ones (ones I might find it hard in are SFO, BOS, JFK, maybe also LAX and ORD). By way of comparison, toothbrush and toothpaste are far easier to come by, as is soap and shampoo of some sort (even if you have to resort to the fashion brands in the duty free).

Fragrances are a separate idea, and indeed fragrance samples are usually a vial with a dipstick or just a vial, and not a spray.

In practice, I expect the deodorant stick has gone because BA is just looking at how other airlines do F for ideas and noone else has a deodorant stick in the amenity kit.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:00 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by camdentown
......no-one will use the stick, or indeed need a deodorant at all in First.........
So the natural scent of F passengers is such that they don’t need deodorant?

Or are the olfactory organs of F passengers somehow compromised to the extent that the smell in the cabin is irrelevant?
TGLoyalty and JamieG like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:35 pm

Thanks for a great first look. I will be flying lhr/iad in early june in f.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:00 pm

On the press kits these were supposed to have sticks of "Fortitude Deodorant." Curious that yours did not.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by thijsseh

So the natural scent of F passengers is such that they don’t need deodorant?
Well, we do have some documentary evidence of their superiority for other bodily functions...

Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Regarding the amenity kit, I think the previous bag, the Liberty, was better looking and more reusable.
About the content, it's ok, however I liked the deodorant stick and I will miss the brush... even if I don't know when I will be able to fly F again
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Please, could BA use British English?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
oh FFS he was commenting on the new amenities, and as a gay, seriously, if you have time to be worried about his use of words, find something else.

meanwhile, the report is great, and im keen to see new crockery!!
SK, NoY, seanp7 and 14 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Thumbs up A good night's sleep

I flew in First last night with all the new products. It really feels like BA have made an effort to up their game as opposed to finding ways to save money. My highlights:

a. PJ's are an improvement - not vast, but an improvement
b. Top and bottoms come separately so you now can ask for a large top and medium bottoms
c. Mattress topper is now thicker and feels comfier
d. Duvet and pillow are super soft - clearly a high thread count
e. Headphones are okay, but not as comfortable to wear as say a Bose - made by Meridian
f. Day blanket and small pillow feel a lot better quality than before

Overall, well-done BA. I had a great sleep last night :-)

P.S. Apologies for not taking any photos...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Will100

Deleted

twincheeks likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm a bit disappointed with the cocktail and mocktail list. Shame BA are relying on Ginger Ale for their "Classic Mule" cocktail when it should be made with ginger beer. It would be great to have some Fever Tree Ginger Beer on board, as this is lovely as a soft drink or mixed into a cocktail. To me this is a missed opportunity for BA to be more adventurous with their mixers and soft drinks.

Good to hear about the improvements to the bedding, it would be great to see some pictures of the food at some point to see if there's any improvement there.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:23 am

I thought that all frequent flyers used stick deodorants as they don’t need to go into the toiletries bag at scanning.

Teenage boys use spray.
onylon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.