Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Anyone else finding the new blanket sheds an inordinate amount of lint. Pyjamas, socks, seat cushions, you name it were covered in the stuff by the end of the flight
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Prospero
Anyone else finding the new blanket sheds an inordinate amount of lint. Pyjamas, socks, seat cushions, you name it were covered in the stuff by the end of the flight
No. I usually find a lot of lint when I board the aircraft, particularly on the foot rest. Having said that, I do like the new day blankets.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The day blankets are being changed to a closer weave which hopefully will reduce the amount of linting.
Prospero, shelly67 and JustTheOne like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I had the privilege of flying First to and from New York recently and what a joy it was.
Excellent service, exemplary crew, superbly cooked food and a glass or two of champagne.
Feedback already acknowledged by Customer Services.
BA at it's finest.
Hilde likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
I was on BA135 (D 5 50pm/A 7 40am) few days ago and for an 8h30 flight, the meal service took over 3 hours to complete.

Is this length of service still the general experience? It does eat into sleeping time I believe.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I’m glad other people seem to have good experiences in the new F but I cannot seem to catch a break. I haven’t had a single flight this year where at least a few items have ran out before departure or just had a bad crew. Last night on BA32 from HKG they didn’t have any ladies pyjamas for my wife so they gave her mens small, didn’t have either Air Craft of Speedbird 100 on board at all and when bringing my pre departure LPGS the crew member asked if I wanted some ice in it as it was quite warm. Truly a first class experience but at least I got a good nights sleep which seems to be the only thing BA F is good for these days.

And yes, 3h dinner service is normal in my experience which I don’t mind to be honest.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
This reminds me, I've not seen it mentioned previously but there are currently 3 version of the wash bags in circulation, the colours of them male bags I've seen in black, grey and blue. I think the blue and grey ones look better than the black. The female one I've also seen in 3 different colours/design.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat and LTG, ClubCarlson Gold
Pleased to be able to report another positive experience of the new F soft product. LHR to JFK last weekend was a real pleasure, with the canapés and new crockery a noticeable improvement. As a
data point, Temperley bags were black for the gents but a new flowery design for the ladies (at least one that I hadn’t spotted online).

My only gripe - BA183 leaves LHR at 19:50. The first (and main) meal is “lunch”, but the second is “afternoon tea”, yet is served at about 21:50 destination time (which is 02;50 BST). As far as I could tell, no one in the F cabin partook, unsurprisingly. I would REALLY like to be able to opt out of this meal before I fly, simply to avoid the unacceptable food waste that must occur almost every day on this flight. Surely this would be win-win-win for BA: passengers satisfied, costs saved and green credentials enhanced.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Keep the pictures coming!

My wife and I are flying F from Denver to Heathrow in October. It will be our first time in international first, let alone on BA. We love to see all the reviews and especially the photos of everyone's experiences with the new soft product! It builds our excitement! Has anyone tried the special 100 year anniversary sparkling wine yet?

I was initially bummed that the DEN route is operated by the non-refurbished 747s, but last week at DEN I spotted one of the vintage livery Speedbirds! I know it was almost certainly an unplanned aircraft swap, but maybe there's hope for us yet! Anyone experienced the new F to Denver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.