Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by david55
ask the purser for the Club headphones. Lighter and while maybe not as sound proof....I was able to watch 3 movies instead of yanking them off after one using the new set.
Thanks but I think I'll stick with my own.
bowzer91, KARFA and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Flew on the 8am to TLV recently.

New PJs I don’t like. Looks like M&S sizing. Bottoms to big top to small on 4 sets we had. Used my now aging AA PJs, simply superior.

food good but small portions,

headphones awful went went back to my Bose

what is that pathetic Ikea inspired scatter cushion in beige.

Blanket better

cant say it has dramatically altered anything. It’s still a decent business product and no more than that.
ozon78 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:11 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by binman

New PJs I don’t like. Looks like M&S sizing. Bottoms to big top to small on 4 sets we had. Used my now aging AA PJs, simply superior.

Blanket better

cant say it has dramatically altered anything. It’s still a decent business product and no more than that.
I'm shocked.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, A3*G

Blanket better

Agreed based on our experience of LHR-SIN a few days ago (‘enhanced’ by gate A10 boarding and poorly trained MF crew)
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Blanket better

You're right on that. Furthermore, the PJs, although looking better before putting them on, feels flimsy. Sat in 1A on a 380 both ways on a return to SIN recently, and despite being third to board the F cabin outbound, first on the inbound, PJs were only loaded in M size.

The bed pillow and duvet qualities have been slightly improved, though
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I'd like to add to the beefs about time for service on overnight flights. I was on the overnight from LOS and wanted a quick snack before sleep. It took about 60 minutes - the excuse being that "everyone wants their bed made and and we have to do that first". In which case I wonder about staffing levels.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Some
So, bets on length of time before they change the pajama top?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
So, bets on length of time before they change the pajama top?
Some people like the new pajamas, not as many that don't, maybe, but there are some that do. However, I haven't heard a good thing said about the new headset w.r.t. comfort. Did they test it on an 8 or 10 hour flight? Sounds like they might not have! So I would suggest that it's the headset that should be changed first.

PSA: I haven't used the new headset yet. My first opportunity (pun intended) comes towards the end of May.

rb211.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
It appears the usual under-catering problems continue unchanged. Particularly noticeable now that I've dropped down to silver this year. I flew BA297 to ORD shortly before Easter weekend on a discount A fare. 9 of 14 seats were occupied. I choose the "ricotta black pepper ravioli" as a main course, but was told after it was served that this selection does not come with sides. I had been looking forward to having some vegetables with my meal! If I had known this in advance I might have considered something else. So next step, ask for some sides separately. No go since apparently only 9 were catered and I was outranked by another guest who wanted two sides with his meal.

Does anyone know if noodle main courses like this ravioli really don't include sides, or was I getting a story so that the higher ranking passenger could have seconds?

At any rate this sort of continued under-catering seems inconsistent with BA's stated goals of improving their first class product! I fly LH or LX first once a year or so, and they almost always cater enough food that everyone can have their choice, and usually even a second meal later in the flight if desired. Of course those premium first class products generally cost about a thousand more on a transatlantic ;-)
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold

Blanket better

In all honesty, was it worth F on that flight? Guessing no spa treatments at that time? Looking at an Avios upgrade.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Food is an improvement. As others have pointed out the steak is pink and juicy.

Steak

Canapés

Was not impressed with the PJs. Stick with bringing your own. Bedding was nice but the plush duvet doesn’t work with the cabin temperature. Way too hot. The Club world duvet works better.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
Food is an improvement. As others have pointed out the steak is pink and juicy.

Steak

Canapés

Was not impressed with the PJs. Stick with bringing your own. Bedding was nice but the plush duvet doesn’t work with the cabin temperature. Way too hot. The Club world duvet works better.
If everyone is complaining about temperature on here.. Why not on board ? When I do they usually turn it down.. And my personal feeling is temperatures are lower for the last 2 yeathan they were before.. Never too cold for me to sleep in shorts and tank of course, I would never wear their pjs
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Temperature

[QUOTE=Vasco Pridat;31047815]If everyone is complaining about temperature on here.. Why not on board ? When I do they usually turn it down.. And my personal feeling is temperatures are lower for the last 2 yeathan they were before....../QUOTE]

On long hauls, my impression is that BA cabin crew invariably increase the temperature after serving the main course, partly to encourage passengers’ sleep, partly to increase their own comfort as they have to move less and are contained in the galley which is often the coldest place on the aircraft. Row 1 in the 747 becomes particularly hot. I can’t remember the last time I did NOT complain about it, usually, but not always, resulting in a downturn in the cabin temperature.

The cabin is invariably too hot for comfortable sleep, even without using the duvet which I use as an extra level of comfort under my body.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
[QUOTE=Full Score;31047990]
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
If everyone is complaining about temperature on here.. Why not on board ? When I do they usually turn it down.. And my personal feeling is temperatures are lower for the last 2 yeathan they were before....../QUOTE]

On long hauls, my impression is that BA cabin crew invariably increase the temperature after serving the main course, partly to encourage passengers’ sleep, partly to increase their own comfort as they have to move less and are contained in the galley which is often the coldest place on the aircraft. Row 1 in the 747 becomes particularly hot. I can’t remember the last time I did NOT complain about it, usually, but not always, resulting in a downturn in the cabin temperature.

The cabin is invariably too hot for comfortable sleep, even without using the duvet which I use as an extra level of comfort under my body.
I don't think the crew does it for their comfort. I think it is this general left over imagination from the 50s that it should be warm to sleep. Lol
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pete3
It appears the usual under-catering problems continue unchanged. Particularly noticeable now that I've dropped down to silver this year. I flew BA297 to ORD shortly before Easter weekend on a discount A fare. 9 of 14 seats were occupied. I choose the "ricotta black pepper ravioli" as a main course, but was told after it was served that this selection does not come with sides. I had been looking forward to having some vegetables with my meal! If I had known this in advance I might have considered something else. So next step, ask for some sides separately. No go since apparently only 9 were catered and I was outranked by another guest who wanted two sides with his meal.

Does anyone know if noodle main courses like this ravioli really don't include sides, or was I getting a story so that the higher ranking passenger could have seconds?

At any rate this sort of continued under-catering seems inconsistent with BA's stated goals of improving their first class product! I fly LH or LX first once a year or so, and they almost always cater enough food that everyone can have their choice, and usually even a second meal later in the flight if desired. Of course those premium first class products generally cost about a thousand more on a transatlantic ;-)
If there were 9 passengers up front and 9 sides loaded that doesn't sound like a case of under catering but one of a greedy passenger taking an extra portion! Whilst pasta dishes are not traditionally served with a vegetable side, the vegetable side is a menu item and available to order. It appears you did not request the side when giving your order to the crew and by the time you did make the request the other passenger had already been given an extra portion. The menu is a la carte so best in future to ask for the vegetable side if it is not offered to you when your order is taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.