Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:27 am

I've always wanted to try BA F, but following 3 amazing sectors on Qatar with the Qsuite, I'm not that bothered now. I know there's also the whole ground experience with BA F to consider, but that aside, I'm interested to hear a review of the onboard experience from someone who's travelled the new BA F vs Qatar Qsuite.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:49 am

J

posting mine from the damaged seat surrounded by the general crud on the floor- maybe ba would like to put that in their publicity shots. Also wrappers and tags from the previous flights on the seat/floor
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:55 am

Fur coat and no knickers as my granny would say

Last edited by Barnaby100; Apr 4, 2019 at 5:01 am
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: Confirmed
As dirty as SQ F.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
The reality is that amenity kits are not much of a challenge : you look at a range of a samples from potential suppliers...... you negotiate a deal .... place the order. They arrive, you load them, and you hand them out.

Maintaining a high standard of interior cleanliness (for all pax, ahead of all flights) is a whole different ball game ; and involves a lot more money - and dedication to the cause ....
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Alex Cruz talked about cleaning in his recent Business Traveller interview: https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ss-club-suite/

In fact, there has been a significant improvement in customer satisfaction in cleaning over the last year and a half. Two things have happened.

One is that we redefined and re-energised a programme which we call ultra-cleaning. This is when you take the aircraft out to do a deep clean, and that involves everything up to unscrewing seats, and is managed by engineering which has formalised in an uncompromising way that kind of cleaning. It has cycles, depending on the aircraft, of between 40 and 45 days. It means that any particular aircraft will be – well, not unassembled, but a crew will go in with these metallic toothbrushes and clean things like inside the trolley spaces.

Now both the short haul and ultra-cleaning programme is done and people have noticed. The pictures before and after are excellent. Cost has been a consideration, but once again, if we want to be consistent about delivering the best service, clean aircraft is part of that.

The second part of cleaning is the turnaround cleaning. We have completed the work in short haul, which means that we have entirely redone the programme. We have retrained the cleaning crews, added supervisors, and we think that we’re there in short haul.

What we have not completed yet is the turn cleaning for long haul, which is probably a few weeks away from starting to work in a completely different way which will guarantee the results we are getting in short haul.

It’s taken me longer than I thought it would. It’s been a logistics challenge, but I feel really comfortable that we finally have everything in place. It has not been about cutting costs, it has been about spending money wisely. And I think the teams have recognised the opportunities there and I can’t wait. I don’t think we have a date, but it will be before the summer that the turn cleaning at Heathrow will be fully implemented, and then we have to progressively do all the out stations.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Aircraft are noticibly cleaner coming compadred to this time last year. The new process has made a difference.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Not caring too much about the contents, can I ask for a ladies amenity kit instead? I like the look of the bag.
navylad likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by david55
Not caring too much about the contents, can I ask for a ladies amenity kit instead? I like the look of the bag.
Where supplies allow, I find that CC are invariably helpful in such circumstances (often make this same request myself, as I give away almost all my amenity kits as little gifts).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I have to travel to London next week for a family funeral and managed to swap out a 2-1 Avois trip later in April to fit the funeral. I'll be flying from LHR to YYZ on Sunday 14th and treated me and Mr Palmer to first which is an unexpected surprise to try the new product. Unfortunately (and it's not their fault) but with Toronto now crewed with mixed fleet - the service has been REALLY slow and hit 'n miss - the secret to the service for me is both classy / well executed but fast when needed. My last two trips in First with MF has been my worst ever !!! I know it's not first but flying back yesterday on the 99 to Toronto in Biz, we were beyond the west coast of ireland before I was offered a drink.(75 mins in)
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Muttley
I've always wanted to try BA F, but following 3 amazing sectors on Qatar with the Qsuite, I'm not that bothered now. I know there's also the whole ground experience with BA F to consider, but that aside, I'm interested to hear a review of the onboard experience from someone who's travelled the new BA F vs Qatar Qsuite.
Just done both a week apart. I was a solo in the Qsuite but a couple in BA F. Re the hard product the main difference is privacy of the Qsuite versus BA F, but equally it could be claustrophobic and the foot coffin is quite pronounced on Qsuite. Qatar IFE is comprehensive too.

On the soft product a great crew on BA F, as you'll often hear on FT, makes the difference. In Qsuite you are a number and its service-by-numbers. On BA F we were treated as individuals and the service was great. Got a birthday cake and bottle of champagne. Crew were still getting used to the new service - too many plates to arrange but new glassware is great - but we're very attentive.

All that said, if Qsuite cost is 75% of BA F then that's when I'd switch.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:33 am

New bedding is lovely - particularly the pillow. Likewise the ice cream from above the Atlantic.

alex67500 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Just pointing out the picture above shows clearly where the manual window controls are located, it is to the right of the feet.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by simon79

Got a birthday cake and bottle of champagne.
We are flying out this weekend from Seattle to Greece in F to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday. While we are not flying on his actual birthday ( it's a few days later)...is there any point in telling YouFirst or even the cabin crew about this special occasion...of course keeping expectations low.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just pointing out the picture above shows clearly where the manual window controls are located, it is to the right of the feet.
It was like that when I sat down. Nothing to do with curiosity.
JustTheOne likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.