FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Delighted to see the very positive response. ^

Privacy does seem to be what millennials demand to have in a long haul J product nowadays. Whereas it's something I'm not too bothered about. I'm perfectly happy with the current Iberia seat to be honest.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA gold
Anyone know if the IFE screen tilts so you can watch it lying down?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I really dislike the current Club set up when travelling as a couple and actively avoid it when there is a usable alternative. However, provided it becomes available to a realsitic extent over the next couple of years or so, this could be a game changer for me.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
For those with GUFs (and probably Jokers) to burn WT+ to YYZ ex-OSL or ARN in October can be had for around 770€...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Stez
Anyone know if the IFE screen tilts so you can watch it lying down?
It doesn't.
Stez likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I am not sure I have ever seen a thread with such positive responses on FT!

The new seat looks great so well done BA, let's hope the rollout can be as quick as possible for the planes that are not planned on being retired.
TheSafariMan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by binman
BA have made a step change here though it will be many years before it is available to all.

I wonder how long it will be for the thread "how many avios for a broken door" to become live?
On a similar note - one of my first thoughts were that with 3 screens in total that's a lot of technology to go wrong in one seat!

Otherwise - it looks great and I look forward to trying it. I hope it lives up to the hype. For what its worth, I find the current CW seat very comfortable and I like the openness of the bed - I never struggle to find a comfortable position. The privacy, access and storage are the big improvements that will make the difference for me.

One small observation - it seems they have upgraded the IFE to HD Panasonic 18.5inch but kept the old (pretty terrible quality) headphones.

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

Overall I'm a little disappointed, I'm not a fan of footcoffins, or fixed screens right in front of your face, so was hoping for something a little more like JL.

We're losing sense of space for actual space which, for those who don't need to store anything on a side table is pretty much wasted. I do have to say it looks great though and certainly looks like its put the moans of the vast majority to bed.
I am disappointed too - footcoffins, the loss of sense of space. The door does not really excite me - in fact, it makes the seat even more claustrophobic than it already seems to be (if it is anything like AA's Super Diamond seat). I am happy for thouse who wanted a different type of seat/bed design. This does not do anything for me, and I will be sad to see CW go. The new seat does look great though.
Jimmie76 likes this.

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Toronto is the first main route? Why??

either way, I suspect my main route of LAS will once again be the last to get it...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
Looks fantastic. Has anyone seen detail on the in-seat charging options - USB-C?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAXBA

Not as I understand it. I think it was Head for Points who stated that not all of the taper is measured, so there's supposedly additional space beyond the 6'7" that BA isn't even claiming.
Correct. Official length is 79 inches. I asked where they had measured to but they didn't know, but it is a lot more than 79.
Cap'n Benj and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:25 am

As other carriers ahead of BA have found, those single window seats may cannibalise First. Still, I guess this new CW and current F won't be competing on the same aircraft for a while.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aceman
Toronto is the first main route? Why??

either way, I suspect my main route of LAS will once again be the last to get it...
Ignoring direct - I reckon most places in USA will be accessible via the A350 when a route or two more are announced
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesjebell
HFP is saying that the A350 service will be the first morning departure LHR to MAD

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-suite-review/
I was told this verbally. I have not had it in writing!

FWIW I have booked a couple of 06.20 Avios flights for August so I am trusting them!
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by dilpat84
That seatbelt looks interesting. Different photos appear to show that it can either be worn across the chest like a car seatbelt or across the lap like a regular airline belt.

This image, in particular, seems to show both options might be possible: https://cdn.businesstraveller.com/wp...02-916x515.jpg
There is a crossover seatbelt that has to be worn for takeoff and landing, at other times there is a lap strap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.