Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I wonder if the "new" F iteration will have doors. Odd to have a more private J than F. I guess they won't have 4 class planes for a while anyway so can see how it works out.....
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YClass
I wonder if the "new" F iteration will have doors. Odd to have a more private J than F. I guess they won't have 4 class planes for a while anyway so can see how it works out.....
Two 777s are due to be refurbished by Christmas. I assume they will have F, albeit a reduced size section...?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Could be three-class 777s having the refurb.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The two being fitted will be standard 4 class B777-200s.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The two being fitted will be standard 4 class B777-200s.
Interesting, and they are keeping the current First cabin?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don’t know but at a guess I would say a new First cabin.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
Bassinet positions are at 1K in the front cabin and 15 A and K in the mini cabin according to the seat map on BA
So avoid the mini-cabin, a.k.a. Creche!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I read somewhere amongst the many articles this morning, that Mr Cruz has said the roll-out will be between 2.5 - 3 years. I imagine if they want to limit the impact on NPS score and make up for lost years of not improving the hard product, they will try to get on with this change and do it as quickly as the seat can be manufactured. If F is also due to be updated then both will co-inside and BA will want to ensure that F customers are given an equal if not better product, otherwise expect lots of complaints from F pax suggesting that... "err these people sitting in Club Suites behind me have a better product, I want my money back or how many avios are you going to give me! Its an outrage!"

So no doubt its a balancing act over the next 3 years to get right. It will certainly be entering to see how it develops. Qatar apparently have 41 aircraft with QSuites fitted, 2 years into the rollout.
Interesting, but Qatar's progress (20 planes/yr, give or take) makes me think Cruz's target of 2.5-3 years is hopelessly optimistic. All the more so if F is to get an update at the same time. There's presumably a limit to both how many planes BA wants to have grounded at any given time for refits, and the manpower to get the refits done.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
A380 config wil be interesting (assuming that they aren't going!).

My guess is that WT+ replaces the downstairs C cabin (ala SQ), and upper deck C goes back to the WT cabin. It would be far too much to expect F to take the front C cabin upstairs, remainder of upstairs to go C and the downstairs F and C cabins to be WT+ and WT surely?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
I can’t get excited about the seat/door but am sure that lots of care has been taken with the details.

I am more interested in the crew/pax ratio for this cabin. Hopefully with lower density than existing CW BA does not cut back on crew

Last edited by Robespierre; Mar 18, 2019 at 12:12 pm Reason: grammes
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only configuration we know about the crewing level is the same but with the seating layout I think the service will be a lot easier to deliver.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:32 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Does it? It certainly looks like an improvement over the current seat which is welcome, but it looks not unlike AY, EI, CX etc.

As for the door, I suspect it will divide opinions.

Surely shutting it is not compulsory. I didn't shut the door while in EK F as I didn't want to sit in a coffin.
Jimmie76 and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
It certainly looks interesting and quite a change from the current CW product. I always liked the ying-yang layout, but considering that the competition of have been doing for years this is certainly a situation where BA have levelled the playing field ^
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Greg66
Interesting, but Qatar's progress (20 planes/yr, give or take) makes me think Cruz's target of 2.5-3 years is hopelessly optimistic. All the more so if F is to get an update at the same time. There's presumably a limit to both how many planes BA wants to have grounded at any given time for refits, and the manpower to get the refits done.
As they currently have a lot of end of life airplanes, keeping those flying for a while longer whilst reconfiguring at a quicker pace should make more sense in the long run (assuming of course that BA pricing model has increasing yields).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:40 am

Not a fan of the foot coffins, but definitely looking forward to giving the seat a go.
Jimmie76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.