FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Well this all looks fine - but will it be kept clean? I suspect it will take more cleaning than the current product and given the state of that at times, I'm not hopeful.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
I agree... where does that extra 'g' come from? I guess it's better that labeling it with Nicky Hayden's [RIP] number, which would probably have been more unfortunate!

rb211.
Firstly, thank you for not copying and pasting the article.

We had a debate about the'g' on ying/yang. I'm not sure when it got added because Tangerine had it as yin-yang. I'm going to get rid of it, I think
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:00 pm

Some slightly different pics

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I for one love this design and I am glad the YYZ route will get it first like with the introduction of the 788 for a few months until the beater 777s re-appear as usual. I certainly can see the logic of putting this product up against AC from YYZ when random 10 day return I fares to LHR on the 92/93 in November are coming in at $7100CAD when the same flights starting in LHR on the dates come in at 1600GBP. The route can still be a money spinner from one end obviously and BA putting their new product on this route first makes sense. If they actually keep the 350 on YYZ-LHR from the start of 2020 I will certainly give BA all my TATL again even with the lousy lounge situation
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Interesting that on BA's Instagram the post of the new suite has had almost just under 100k views but less than 18k likes to date.

Looks like the jury may still be out on this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
Interesting that on BA's Instagram the post of the new suite has had almost just under 100k views but less than 18k likes to date.

How does that compare with the usual views:like ratio for a company's posts? 18% sounds alright to me, but I do not monitor such things.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

you need to log in to register a like. Not all viewers are logged in or registered members.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver

Surely plenty of people who like something don’t make the effort to ‘like’ it?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have enough 'social media' without adding Instagram! I use 'like' here usually to save typing a response, and occasionally on FB if I have the time to look at masses of irrelevant stuff about someone's Aunt.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fruitcage

Surely plenty of people who like something don’t make the effort to ‘like’ it?
Exactly! I look at things all the time but I am not addicted to pressing the "like" button....
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:52 pm

I think you are misinformed in this area. Having worked with a significant number of "influencers" over the last few years, an 18% conversion rate of views to likes will push BA's engagement index relatively high. I have worked with influencers that range between 10-15% engagement index (note: different to conversion rate), and these are the ones who will be getting paid a decent sum of money for their posts (think tens of thousands of USD), and BA's conversion rate for this particular post is very good.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Back to The Seat ... I like the way the table folds (Post #333 ). More robust than having the hinge the other way, IMO.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

That’s a very good ratio

I like it but didn’t bother liking it for starters!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by T8191
Back to The Seat ... I like the way the table folds (Post #333 ). More robust than having the hinge the other way, IMO.
Yes, I've been studying the new photos kindly posted by JamieG. With my attention on the silver table support strut, I am wondering this...

telescopic damper. Or rigid stay?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Yes, I've been studying the new photos kindly posted by JamieG. With my attention on the silver table support strut, I am wondering this...

telescopic damper. Or rigid stay?
I'm wondering... knee-capper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.