Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Nice to see Etihad using the same seat on their A350's

Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:42 pm

Etihad unveiled their new Business class seat on the A350 and... it's Club Suite basically.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=h...3&widget=Tweet
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
My first club suite experience

There got to be a lengthy discussion already - which seemingly I didn't find. I finally found myself on a flight with the new(ish) Club Lounge - two actually. LHR-DXB and back - operated by a 350. I didn't mind the seat on the flight to DXB, having slept on AA from MIA. My wife and I were in the middle seats in row 1 - for a day flight I was quite happy with the seat - and I napped a little now and then. I was really surprised that there are two bathrooms only for J (the one in the front was closed) - and lines to the bathroom were often 3 people per bathroom.

On the DXB-LHR flight (same bathroom issue) I found the seat EXTREMLY uncomfortable, finding no space to put my knees (I like moving to the side when sleeping). The connection was on an 380 - (59K) and I was really really happy to have an old seat where I had leg and knee room to move around. I didn't fly too many flights on the old seat outside 747 and 380 - so usually had the added benefit of upper deck storage. But based on my first experience with the club suite - I am not at all impressed for flights I want to sleep in. I found more space on an IB seat (window) for feet and knees,

I am not very tall - maybe I just like to sleep in unusual positions - but from a pure sleeping experience - do you guys really prefer the new seat?
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:00 am

I love the Club Suite for day flights. The larger screen, more storage and the slight tilt towards the window is great for day time TATL fights.
However, I found it much harder to sleep in due to the same issues you mentioned.
I’ve also managed to bag window seats for all but one of my old club world seat flights, finding them much more private than the Club Suites.

So for day flights, I’d take Club Suite on any aircraft. For a night flight I’d take old Club World on anything but a 777 over Club Suites.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Bronze :(
Recently flew Club suite and came to the conclusion that it's probably perfectly fine if you sleep on your back (i don't) or the "correct" side for which side of the plane you're on - I found that lying on my other side meant that my legs weren't bending in the right direction to fit into the cubby as they were hitting something. I couldn't tell you which side was which unfortunately, this is just my memory from October! I couldn't sleep on my front, i'm quite a big chap and i couldn't find a way to get comfy and get my shoulders orientated properly. As a side sleeper anyway, I infinitely prefer it to old Club which find very open and hard to sleep in, I would probably change my tune if I were regularly able to snag one of the few primo seats by the window with direct aisle access, but on the few occasions i've flown long haul Club i've never managed to do so. I flew back from NYC in old Club in January and it was what I expected, which is to say, not great. Personally I think CS is a huge upgrade over the old CW product for many reasons (direct aisle access, more privacy, no stupid flappy foot shelf, more useful storage etc)

My most comfortable trips ever were on a Malaysian A350 in the throne seat when travelling solo to Melbourne from London and back - slept for many hours uninterrupted both ways and felt great upon landing all 4 times. If that's the A350 effect in conjunction with the seat is anyone's guess, but I'm a huge fan. Never been lucky enough to fly anything more premium than that, so that's the upper limit of what I have to compare it to.
Saltire74 and jonkx like this.

Last edited by ModestPointsCollector; Feb 17, 2022 at 10:15 am Reason: conflicting words removed
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Having been moderately excited at the prospect of sampling the Club Suites in BA’s A350 in March to YVR, on our first flight in 2.5 years, I find that the aircraft has been swapped to a bloody 777!

AND we’re going from T5 rather than T3.

Tiresome.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:31 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
I have a choice between LHR-AUS (A350) or LHR-DFW (B781) in business class.
According to TPG, the 781 Club Suite is "nearly the exact same as on the A350."
What's the difference?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
I have a choice between LHR-AUS (A350) or LHR-DFW (B781) in business class.
According to TPG, the 781 Club Suite is "nearly the exact same as on the A350."
What's the difference?
I guess the 781 would potentially give you the opportunity to upgrade if that’s what you want.

Austin will soon be a Terminal 3 route so take that into account too.

The lounge at Austin has nothing on the lounge at DFW. Austin airport itself has a lot more going on though. It’s the only airport I’ve been through with live music and BBQ food.
DrinkSlinger likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Was on the BA281 to LAX yesterday and flew in the new Club Suite 777 77w configuration.

i am 6 ft tall, a bit heavier since Covid but not massive. I can confirm that the foot well is a bit of an issue, although not because of the width too much as initially suspected, but more because of the height and table mounting, that as a side sleeper, I kept banging against the top. When seating and eating it is a very nice space and much improved versus the old CW seat.

my own door was also initially stuck

i have some doubt on the build quality as I witness the CC going around many seats to deal with blocked doors, not returning to standard seating seats etc.

my own seat had few minor issues as per pictures attached:

Top of the door trim coming off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.