Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
According to Alex Cruz CEO, the A380 will get the new CS.
estate and Boreas like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by T8191
Cheers, both. Just wondering how to operate the IFE when I have my things on the shelf, that’s all.
It will/should also be touch screen. Alternately you'll be able to take the small handheld IFE controller out of the hatch and sit it on top as well if you like.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
There is a very interesting interview with Cruz about the new seat with Business Traveller. The article answers some of the questions or speculative queries that have been posted on this thread..

Happy to post a link or copy and paste the article?

Here is the link... https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ss-club-suite/

Its is quite a lengthy article so here is the start but please click the link if you wish to read it all.
Have had a read through it, quite interesting.
and perhaps now we join some dots and see 10 abreast 777 is all about ultimately having a smaller Y cabin footprint but similar seat-count to 9 abreast, 8 F is all about having a smaller F cabin footprint and a smaller yield driving seat-count, so that NCWS can get sensible density with all aisle access. I THINK I heard the 77W would be 8F, 76J (up from 56J). NO idea on W cabin but probably Y with 10 abreast seat count as per 9 abreast as now
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by pythonisman
It will/should also be touch screen. Alternately you'll be able to take the small handheld IFE controller out of the hatch and sit it on top as well if you like.
Thanks ... I always prefer the handheld, as it avoids having to stretch out to punch the screen. I know, I’m lazy, but in a ‘relaxed’ posture screen-tapping is a bit of a pain.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mutu
Have had a read through it, quite interesting.
and perhaps now we join some dots and see 10 abreast 777 is all about ultimately having a smaller Y cabin footprint but similar seat-count to 9 abreast, 8 F is all about having a smaller F cabin footprint and a smaller yield driving seat-count, so that NCWS can get sensible density with all aisle access. I THINK I heard the 77W would be 8F, 76J (up from 56J). NO idea on W cabin but probably Y with 10 abreast seat count as per 9 abreast as now
All the profit is from CW and WT+...
libertyuk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
It's a great development, finally the end of the ying-yang concept is in sight. More importantly, it will put the seats on a par with AA's fabulous 777-300 product. The doors will be a nice touch that will provide a small bridge to first class in many people's minds - one of the current seat's biggest downfalls is the total lack of privacy if you get stuck with an aisle seat. Plus, 2-4-2 is a disgraceful configuration for LH business class. Well done BA - at least 5 years later than you should have done this, but good job nonetheless.
opus99 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Kevlondon
Plus, 2-4-2 is a disgraceful configuration for LH business class.
You'll be disappointed to realise that at most points in this configuration a line drawn across the cabin will pass through eight seats then.
Jimmie76 and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by etiene
You'll be disappointed to realise that at most points in this configuration a line drawn across the cabin will pass through eight seats then.
This from the interview with Alex Cruz in Business Traveller: "We didn’t believe that it was right for BA to continue offering an eight-abreast product."
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by etiene
It doesn't look that way in the virtual mock-ups, unless you are referring to the specific point where one person's feet intersect with the same line as the person in front's torso?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
There were never actually 8 seated torsos in a row, but 4 then 4.

Technicality, yes.

BA could have numbered the forward facing seats as even and rear facing seats as odd, but that would have been confusing...
Jimmie76 and etiene like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by andimilk
It doesn't look that way in the virtual mock-ups, unless you are referring to the specific point where one person's feet intersect with the same line as the person in front's torso?
The supposed dichotomy between current CW's "8-abreast" and the "4-abreast" of the new layout and all of the similar layouts is false, and it always has been. There's always some overlap between one person's feet and some other person's head and body. Current CW does it differently from most others because of the yin-yang arrangement, thus its higher density. But the difference is one of degree, not of distinction; only a completely unthinking person would say that moving from current CW's "2-4-2" to the new "1-2-1" means double the space or half the density (although I acknowledge that there have sometimes been such people posting on FT). Take any similar cabin and draw any horizontal line across the aircraft: it will almost always cross some part of each of 8 seats.
Mutu, Andriyko and etiene like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Business Traveller
The evolution of a ying-yang seat ...
Originally Posted by Kevlondon
It's a great development, finally the end of the ying-yang concept is in sight.
What I will miss least when current CW has gone: people saying "ying-yang". Aaaagh!
NoTiersForMe, alex67500 and etiene like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by andimilk
That’s what he means.

His point is tthough that the whole 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2 is very misleading in that there are obviously in no way double the amount of seats in the same space.

People bang on about this new seat being close to F, when in reality the difference in the actual footprint of this new seat and F is vast compared to this new seat and CW.
Jimmie76 and etiene like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by JAXBA
There were never actually 8 seated torsos in a row, but 4 then 4.

Technicality, yes.

BA could have numbered the forward facing seats as even and rear facing seats as odd, but that would have been confusing...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The supposed dichotomy between current CW's "8-abreast" and the "4-abreast" of the new layout and all of the similar layouts is false, and it always has been. There's always some overlap between one person's feet and some other person's head and body. Current CW does it differently from most others because of the yin-yang arrangement, thus its higher density. But the difference is one of degree, not of distinction; only a completely unthinking person would say that moving from current CW's "2-4-2" to the new "1-2-1" means double the space or half the density (although I acknowledge that there have sometimes been such people posting on FT). Take any similar cabin and draw any horizontal line across the aircraft: it will almost always cross some part of each of 8 seats.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

That’s what he means.

His point is tthough that the whole 1-2-1 vs 2-4-2 is very misleading in that there are obviously in no way double the amount of seats in the same space.

People bang on about this new seat being close to F, when in reality the difference in the actual footprint of this new seat and F is vast compared to this new seat and CW.
These. Had BA gone with 1-2-1 numbering I suspect we'd have had rather fewer silly posts about the density of CW - or maybe people would have understood the geometric shenanigans that make lie-flat, all aisle access business class viable.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What I will miss least when current CW has gone: people saying "ying-yang". Aaaagh!
I agree... where does that extra 'g' come from? I guess it's better that labeling it with Nicky Hayden's [RIP] number, which would probably have been more unfortunate!

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.