Search
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:47 am

im genuinely positive but immediately thought what bits will get trashed first... that door first and those flaps for storage! Heavy use and inconsiderate use never shows up in small scale testing. Just look at the 787 F seats.
Cant wait to try when new!
Good effort.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Greg66
Interesting, but Qatar's progress (20 planes/yr, give or take) makes me think Cruz's target of 2.5-3 years is hopelessly optimistic. All the more so if F is to get an update at the same time. There's presumably a limit to both how many planes BA wants to have grounded at any given time for refits, and the manpower to get the refits done.
LHR 777s were due to start coming out of service for 10-abreast Y refit towards the end of the year anyway. Presumably they will now get 10-abreast Y, new J and new downsized F?

Given the LGW 777s are nearing the end of a full interior refurb, I guess these will be the last to see the new J?

Last edited by Speedbird676; Mar 18, 2019 at 11:57 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:59 am

With the risk of sounding negative, as crewing ratios will not change, I can see the introduction of a door will further slow down service where the service is slow to begin with (ie some crew seem not capable of doing the job as quick as others).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well done British Airways. Top Job! Look forward to trying this in the future
mikeyfly, rockflyertalk and jonkx like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I can see the introduction of a door will further slow down service...
On the other hand, not having to lower divider, reach across aisle seat, raise divider...

Keep your own door open for meal service and you'll help everyone!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
With the risk of sounding negative, as crewing ratios will not change, I can see the introduction of a door will further slow down service where the service is slow to begin with (ie some crew seem not capable of doing the job as quick as others).
No worse than the privacy screen. In fact far easier as the door is very simple to open.
estate and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:19 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It is so sad to see BA is just copy and paste the C class seat of other airlines like AC, QR, AA and just changing fabrics and adding a door

I was expect BA to introduce a revolutionary seat from scratch not a seat that has been in the market now for almost 6 years with little modifications.

In addition, they fell in the same trap of getting the table position too low that when the seat is in the bed position your keens will hit the table edge frequently making sleeping (especially when you sleep on our side) inconvenient

Frankly speaking, I am not impressed.
I totally agree with this. My sense is that the glowingly positive feedback on this forum is a result of how hopelessly out of date current CW is. For sure, the new Club Suite looks good, but revolutionary and game changing it is not. For me, I'm just glad to see and hear the back of the clang all the privacy screens coming down. Except that it seems that I will have to wait a long long time for this and why oh why do I get the feeling that this seat may not come to the a380. LH fitted their old J seat when their a380's were new....

The door will be excellent for sleep. Yes, just like q-suite cabin crew and others can see over, but for sleep it really adds a sense of containment which I like. I really hope however that the suite comes with a DND button a la qsuites. Otherwise we will have cc opening the door unannounced just as now with the cw divider. Crash. Bang
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Skimo
No worse than the privacy screen. In fact far easier as the door is very simple to open.
Did you try it? In my QSuites flights I find service has been slower as crews have had to grapple the doors but as they say, YMMV
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Gold
what does all this mean for J award availability and cheap J fares? They have never had the ying yang seats on an a350, but does this look like they are managing to get a similar number of seats into a given amount of floor space?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
looks the same as AA 's J B/E Super Diamond seat

The door that BA is adding is really excellent and hopefully the doors will open and close easier than the very sticky up/down windows in the present day CW seats.
I recently flew on AA's 789 AKL-LAX in this type of seat. It's very comfortable and has much more storage space that the Zodiac seats on AA's 788. However, the protruding shelf where the small screen is located bumps into one's knees, if one is a side sleeper, so this will be a potential issue on BA also.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Greg66
Interesting, but Qatar's progress (20 planes/yr, give or take) makes me think Cruz's target of 2.5-3 years is hopelessly optimistic. All the more so if F is to get an update at the same time. There's presumably a limit to both how many planes BA wants to have grounded at any given time for refits, and the manpower to get the refits done.
Isn't the availability of seats a limiting factor as well?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This looks quite claustrophobic and I will miss sitting face to face with my travelling companion. I like the styling but I suspect this seat is going to be less comfortable than the old one.

I really wish they could have found a way to create a double bed like QSuites.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:58 pm

Looks good.

I don't fly BA CW as a single and try to avoid it as a couple. I have a dodgy knee and cant jump over seats. Aisle access is the most important aspect- don't really care about the seat.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Personal desires will obviously cloud the issue here. Singles v. couples, claustrophobes v. <whatever>? Surely door open/closed (and likewise the hatch) works around most options?

In our case, iWife likes segregation from other pax, so she will undoubtedly close her door. I’ve had years of l/h aisle seats, so CBA one way or another.
CatchThePigeon and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by TheSafariMan
Gotta say, I'm VERY impressed - as a (mainly) solo traveler on BA, this appears to be perfect. The only downside is that I'm NYC-based so our fleet of 747s and 777s won't see this for a decade, probably. Will it even fit on the 787s, which I hope are what eventually replace the 747s??
Yes, with modification. 787-10's are next after the 772. 48 seats, with the same seat pitch as the a350.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.