Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures: New World Traveller Plus catering - launches 1 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Yeah I agree. They really need to get past this now. I find it bland and unpalatable in any form (except cooked on a pizza!)
Tomato and mozarella are two sources of umami. It is not surprising it is common on a plane and certainly shouldn't be confined to pizza alone.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by T8191
I’m only half-joking ... this could attract some CW pax on a budget ...
The whole industry's premium economy dilemma, summed up in one sentence.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
so if the second meal is a burrito or pizza heading to the east coast of Canada and the US - what is the breakfast for YYZ - LHR where the second meal is a breakfast which is currently a cereal bar (and previously the foul pretzel roll and cream cheese, croissant etc etc) A bacon / Egg roll with T&Cs and juice would be perfect!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:45 pm

Is the second meal still a candy bar on east coast flights?

i don’t need a second meal, but I’m paying for it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

This bring BA’s Premium Economy catering closer to VA and CX where all courses are “upgraded” when compared to Economy catering.

This may however mean that the main meal will no longer be served from CW menu, instead they create one that sits between J and Y catering (this is the case currently on VA).

It would be interesting if BA would allow WT+ passengers to purchase lounge access (though I personally would not pay to enter BA Galleries, I don’t think it would be worth the money).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
the last time i flew PE in the summer, it the PE second meal from LHR to YYZ was half a sandwich and a small chocolate bar (+ T&Cs)

My worst experience of the candy bar "snack" which was a fun sized chocolate. The guy next to me took two, and the (very junior) MF crew asked him to put one back as they were counted out and it was strictly one each!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Anyone testing this out soon?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I should be on BA242/243 some time in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to take photos
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis King
Anyone testing this out soon?
I'm in WTP to ORD on 2nd. Will try and remember to pay attention to the catering and see if it's improved!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:11 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by A P Yu
Six Prawns? Six Juicy Prawns? In World Traveller Plus? I'll believe it when I see it. I hope the meals served on board match the marketing
Shhh, don't tell Cruz there are a full 6 prawns. And why does WTP get 3 more than J?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: BA gold
Has anyone experienced this yet? I would love to see some new catering pics today or tomorrow.
I’m flying to LAX on BA281 in 3 weeks and I’m excited about the changes. I’m also curious about the pre-landing meal on the flight back to the U.K. I wonder if it will be a full English breakfast...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think you asking a little early for pictures from today, there will be a hot breakfast into LHR which was also there prior to the upgrade, it will be a bigger portion served and now served in a china dish.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:48 am

Apologies for the dire source. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...breakfast.html
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That is not relevant to the question about the LAX LHR route where all customers in all cabins receive a hot breakfast.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think you asking a little early for pictures from today, there will be a hot breakfast into LHR which was also there prior to the upgrade, it will be a bigger portion served and now served in a china dish.
Breakfast from the East coast has always been a joke in WTP vs competitors VS, AA...cereal bar or sandwich. It will be my first BA flight to/from West coast in WTP. Let's see...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.