Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: why is T5 so badly connected?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:27 am

Slightly O/T but didn't think it warranted a new thread -

I'm staying at the T5 Sofitel for the first time soon in advance of an early departure the following morning from T5. I would normally use the short stay car park at T5 but the rate for room + parking at the Sofitel is favourable. Are the car parks effectively one and the same or is one more convenient than the other?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:49 am

LGW is actually more "convenient" for me now (living in Ely), as I can change train at Cambridge onto one that goes direct to Gatwick. There's not many of them though... previously I'd change at KGX>STP which at least avoided the underground, even though slower.
I don't tend to use HEX to get to LHR because I still have to use the tube to get to Paddington. I might as well save money and just stay on the Piccadilly the whole way...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jowlymonster
LGW is actually more "convenient" for me now (living in Ely), as I can change train at Cambridge onto one that goes direct to Gatwick. There's not many of them though... previously I'd change at KGX>STP which at least avoided the underground, even though slower.
The hourly Cambridge to Brighton via Gatwick on weekdays will still be useful for leisure travellers who can plan their journey more in advance I imagine.

The end of the the Thameslink programme really re-opens (and in some cases will open) quite a lot of routes by rail to the north of London either direct or with one change at St Pancras/Kings Cross.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Here's hoping Thameslink reliability improves. Having said that London Bridge to Gatwick has always been reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.