Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bhbloke
You don't need a subscription, it's a free article. You only need to register. I'm not sure on the rules of copying and pasting an entire article, so I won't do it.
The Flyertalk rules say:
When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source
A summary would be useful, as I don't really want to have register on yet another site just to know what the story is about (although your ultra-brief summary is probably all we need to know ).
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sadly, as ever with the DT, you get the first few paragraphs and that’s it.

No inclination to subscribe to the DT ... or indeed anyone.
Cotumely likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold; Accor Le Club Gold
Summary. Passenger boarded last and sat in an empty J seat on a Y ticket. She declined all food and drink. She got away with it. BA refused to comment unless they revealed who it was who self-upgraded.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Either it's a lie or the details are wrong. The author says she was in 2K, which would be F for all the Singapore to Sydney flights. She clearly then goes on the discribe a CW seat.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by milkyway88
Either it's a lie or the details are wrong. The author says she was in 2K, which would be F for all the Singapore to Sydney flights. She clearly then goes on the discribe a CW seat.
Agree with you .... Fake news in my opinion.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by milkyway88
Good spot! I wouldn't say it is conclusive, but it does diminish credibility somewhat. Possibly the author who wrote it up changed the details in an attempt to afford some degree of anonymity?

One other thing I noticed was twice there is a reference to the screen sliding across (or 'back') when of course it slides up/down. I discounted that they mean the small screen between the rear facing "couple" seats because they note that they are in the yin-yang config with their seat mate facing them. I wouldn't claim that to be evidence it was an untrue story, but it is a little incongruous....
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Anybody interested in flying Concorde again - not a lot of leg room mind - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...raft-show.html
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:57 am

Anybody up for a loop-the-loop in a 747? - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...imulators.html
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by babats
Anybody up for a loop-the-loop in a 747? - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...imulators.html
I think you might find the wings come off at the bottom of the loop. It will barrel roll rather well though.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:28 am

The good old DM is really hitting the BA stories this week - as I've just read something about the rules on posting this stuff here's a summary:

12 y/o boy,possibly Dutch but not British, managed to board a BA flight at LHR, going to LAX, without a boarding pass - any FT'ers on board Saturday 13th July?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flight-LA.html
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by babats
The good old DM is really hitting the BA stories this week - as I've just read something about the rules on posting this stuff here's a summary:

12 y/o boy,possibly Dutch but not British, managed to board a BA flight at LHR, going to LAX, without a boarding pass - any FT'ers on board Saturday 13th July?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flight-LA.html
Keep up at the back!

Flight delay BA0268 LAX to LHR
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
What next for BA's Amy Hart?

With the final tonight and since the sad departure from Love Island a few weeks back, ours and the nations favourite, Amy Hart will no longer be able to return to her old role which after an 8 year solid career a member of cabin crew with BA as she had to resign to take up the opportunity of going in to the villa. My personal view she was screwed by not only the producers but Curtis also, but that is a different matter. Amy life since has been totally transformed she continues to appear on various radio and television interviews, modeling and now has secured a seat as a host on the daily Loose Women show. Can we be looking at the next Holly Willoughby? :-:
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
re Amy Hart

This appeared in the Brighton & Hove Argus

The Argus usually mangles even the most simple cut and paste but I don't think Ms Hart is the must coherent of people.

So I was like brilliant, I’ll just get a few hundred thousand Instagram followers then I can go back to my job and just get really good Instagram content around the world and then obviously, I can’t go back to my job."When Kelly questioned if that was how she felt, Amy added: "No I can’t go back.. I had to leave before I went in.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
A few days old now, but The Independent has been reporting on BA passengers who were ..... er .... less than happy with the breakfast offered on their respective transatlantic flights (one from ORD, the other to MIA).

Breakfast is described as “absolutely disgusting”, in response to which a BA spokesperson says, inter alia, “We are sorry that our standards fell below our customer’s expectation on this occasion.”

Seems that those involved were travelling Y class, but had - if reports are to be believed - paid as much as £1200 for their ticket.

(photos included in linked article ....those of a nervous disposition, beware)

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9031406.html

Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Some rather unflattering comments in today's Times as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.