Wiki Posts
Search

Flight delay BA0268 LAX to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec
Unhappy Flight delay BA0268 LAX to LHR

So, I'm having a run of bad luck on BA & AA as I close out my US tour. I had an AA flight completely cancelled which stranded me in NYC with no compensation/hotel. And now, today's BA0268 is delayed...for nearly 5 hours. The flight departure time keeps hovering around 2am.

I'm Bronze in Premium Economy so I called the Bronze Exec line to see if I can at least pay to upgrade to Club, or perhaps get on an earlier flight. The rep literally said 'there is nothing I can do for you' and then said she'd make a note for the check-in team regarding giving me an upgrade. It's also worth noting I received no call, text or email about this huge delay to the flight.

Has anyone been through this type of delay and had to leave LAX literally in the middle of the night? I am right to expect zilch from this 'check-in team' note? Is it normal for BA to not even bother notifying you that the flight is severely delayed? Perhaps my expectations are just too high.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Saw your outbound a short while ago. An A380 caught my eye flying over about 21.30, thought that might be a late BA11 - saw on Plane Finder is was a five hour delay on BA269.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Saw your outbound a shirt while ago. An A380 caught my eye flying over about 21.30, thought that might be a late BA11 - saw on Plane Finder is was a five hour delay on BA269.
at least you got your reason. I had a 4.25 hrs delay last wednesday out of DFW. and that day I learned that - and I can only speak for myself - I can tolerate and accept any delay if they talk to us passengers and explain us what happened and why it happened.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Saw your outbound a short while ago. An A380 caught my eye flying over about 21.30, thought that might be a late BA11 - saw on Plane Finder is was a five hour delay on BA269.
Oh goodness, so not much hope for a reduce in the delay time at all. 2 am sounds about right. Have no idea how I am going to cope with this tbh. I have a room until 9pm and then it's the joy of LAX.
nk15 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hopefully €600 might take the edge off it if the delay to your arrival is over four hours
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Flightradar24 is all messed up tonight. It’s got this flight (plane) on its way from LHR to LAX and then from LHR to SIN 😧
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I’m sorry you’re delayed and that you have this extra hassle at the end of your trip.

Assuming it is ‘within BA’s control’ then you will probably have €600 to ease your pain.

Other comments about ‘not knowing how to cope with a 9pm checkout’ etc are frankly a bit ridiculous. You’ll go to the airport and wait, like hundreds of others on the flight. It won’t be that pleasant, but you’re at LAX TBIT, not in a tent somewhere malarial.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by unspoilt_princess
Oh goodness, so not much hope for a reduce in the delay time at all. 2 am sounds about right. Have no idea how I am going to cope with this tbh. I have a room until 9pm and then it's the joy of LAX.
You should pray that the delay holds and you arrive more than 4 hours late, to get the 600 euros. Even more than 3 hours you get half, I think. Make sure your record the captain's announcement on your rose gold iPhone about the reason for the delay, and hopefully it is not weather. Take a screen shot of the actual arrival time of your flight on Flight aware, within 2 days of arrival. Find someone to guest you in the lounge at LAX (reason provided: unspoilt princess ).

Remember, you are not alone. We will be here to see you through this time of crisis. Probably.
unspoilt_princess and Nephoi like this.

Last edited by nk15; Jul 14, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Get yourself on the free shuttle from LAX to the nearby Hilton, they have some nice sofas in reception to relax on.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krispy84
I’m sorry you’re delayed and that you have this extra hassle at the end of your trip.

Assuming it is ‘within BA’s control’ then you will probably have €600 to ease your pain.

Other comments about ‘not knowing how to cope with a 9pm checkout’ etc are frankly a bit ridiculous. You’ll go to the airport and wait, like hundreds of others on the flight. It won’t be that pleasant, but you’re at LAX TBIT, not in a tent somewhere malarial.
I actually have a chronic condition so thank you for judging my comments as ‘ridiculous.’ Just remembered why I don’t post on forums. Oh well. 😅
cauchy likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Remember that unless you have been specifically been told otherwise by BA remember you need to have checked in and bags dropped as per the original schedule.

As to the note on the booking I wouldn't expect that to get you anything at all. It's a standard way to get people off the phone ...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

I actually have a chronic condition so thank you for judging my comments as ‘ridiculous.’ Just remembered why I don’t post on forums. Oh well. ��

Then extend your hotel booking by a night and rest in your room for another couple of hours. I also have a chronic condition and I book an extra hotel night if I have a late night departure. It is up to us to know our own needs and take the necessary steps to provide for them. It is the same reason I don’t fly coach anymore. I have to find a way to get at least J, whether by paying for it or using miles, or I don’t fly. It’s that simple.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
Then extend your hotel booking by a night and rest in your room for another couple of hours. I also have a chronic condition and I book an extra hotel night if I have a late night departure. It is up to us to know our own needs and take the necessary steps to provide for them.
although a pay-per-use-lounge seems to be cheaper
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Rather than an extra night I'd just ask at the hotel about having an extended check-out for a couple more hours. Unless the room is in demand the hotel should be happy to do that for an essentially nominal charge

But I have no idea where the OPs hotel is in relation to the hotel and the likely need to still check in for the flight as normal (rep my post above)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krispy84

Originally Posted by Finkface
Then extend your hotel booking by a night and rest in your room for another couple of hours. I also have a chronic condition and I book an extra hotel night if I have a late night departure. It is up to us to know our own needs and take the necessary steps to provide for them. It is the same reason I don’t fly coach anymore. I have to find a way to get at least J, whether by paying for it or using miles, or I don’t fly. It’s that simple.
This isn’t a holiday - I fly for work. Would love to fly J but I’m not that lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.