Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: T8191
This thread relates to SPG Law's proposed Group Proceedings against British Airways, in respect of the Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR).
There is a separate thread that relates to the actual data breaches and their implications for customers, which is to be found here: BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data

The one law firm that currently seems to be persuing a Class Action against BA is SPG. They have a specific site set up at https://www.badatabreach.com/ - please make sure you check all the FAQs and terms and conditions and make sure the Class Action is right for you before you sign up.

* SPG is now PGMBM.
* Payments are being made through Shieldpay, who are seeming to be both lethargic and/or inept.
Print Wikipost

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Originally Posted by RYX
Same here - wrong surname, but ref number and other details match.
Whos going to be first to put in a Subject Access Request to PGMBM, to ensure they are fulfilling their obligations under UKGDPR and DPA 2018?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Think those who have been paid are from the Kellner Lenker claim. They were contacted by Shieldpay around a week before PGMBM clients.
Just curious has anyone who is with me on PGMBM claim (Cat 1 Claiment here)received payment yet ? My form came on 17.8 after x email apologising for errors in pervious email reclaiming again documents that I sent to SPG law back in the beginning. To be quite frank I think PGMBM is a disorganised mess , and I don't really agree with the fact that other law firms are treated preferential here and have received the money already .. rant over 😀

Originally Posted by holloway1000
Whos going to be first to put in a Subject Access Request to PGMBM, to ensure they are fulfilling their obligations under UKGDPR and DPA 2018?
Oh I might actually do this .. I was shocked by the online form of shieldpay
MiraculousM likes this.

Last edited by Soaring Chris; Aug 26, 2021 at 8:11 am
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Soaring Chris
Just curious has any who is with me on PGMBM claim received payment yet ? My form came on 17.8
Cat 1 claimant with PGMBM … got Shieldpay email on 17 Aug, processed that on 18 Aug. Checked my Bank this am, nothing yet.

And, PLEASE everyone, don’t respond saying “I haven’t heard either.” We can take that as read!! 😉
Positive PGMBM payment reports only, eh?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Cat 1 claimant with PGMBM … got Shieldpay email on 17 Aug, processed that on 18 Aug. Checked my Bank this am, nothing yet.

And, PLEASE everyone, don’t respond saying “I haven’t heard either.” We can take that as read!! 😉
Positive PGMBM payment reports only, eh?
So, you’re barking at people not to share the piece of information that you yourself just shared in the post above?
lhrpete, DYKWIA, Andriyko and 9 others like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by benmacd
So, you’re barking at people not to share the piece of information that you yourself just shared in the post above?
oh well, looks like other than the real winners (PGMBM), shieldpay won't be paying any of PGMBM clients before bank holiday. Have a happy bank holiday PGMBM lawyers (and shieldpay who I am sure must be getting interest)
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: *A G, OW S.
As the original poster in this thread, I've been paid now and made a donation to charity.

The class action did not really achieve what I wanted which was for BA to be held publicly accountable for their failure and instead I feel they have got off rather lightly. The money was OK but no heads really rolled other than that Cruz has gone and that has to be a positive.
Ace71 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Anyone else had email from Shieldpay saying unable to confirm bank account? Requesting bank statement upload.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:13 am

Anyone else had email from Shieldpay saying unable to confirm bank account? Requesting bank statement upload.
Yep, had that this morning.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
yes, also had this email which to be honest I find a bit ridiculous as my bank account is a UK current account in my sole name and I am certain I put the details in completely accurately. Very annoying …. and convenient how it buys them an extra 21+ days to make payment
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by oceanscape
yes, also had this email which to be honest I find a bit ridiculous as my bank account is a UK current account in my sole name and I am certain I put the details in completely accurately. Very annoying …. and convenient how it buys them an extra 21+ days to make payment
Agreed. I wonder if it is anything to do with the account I gave them being a Monzo account.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Agreed. I wonder if it is anything to do with the account I gave them being a Monzo account.
don’t think so, mine is with NatWest and I’ve had it 20+ years
G-BUSI likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Mine is with Wise. Sort code with account number. No problem receiving payments into this so far. But Shieldpay wants verification with bank statements. How am I going to do that?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:40 am
formerly JackDann

Why would they need bank statements to verify the account?

16 Days now & No payment.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by JackDann
Why would they need bank statements to verify the account?
Maybe something to do with Confirmation of Payee? I have that on my NatWest account, and while it's worked for most payees I've verified, there have been a few that wouldn't (maybe some banks haven't implemented it yet?).

Shieldpay probably want to be be 100% certain they're paying into the correct account.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:42 am

Just got my PGBDM (spelling?) payment into my acct. Check and see if yours is there!
scoonee and holloway1000 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.