Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: T8191
This thread relates to SPG Law's proposed Group Proceedings against British Airways, in respect of the Data Protection Act 2018 (which incorporates the GDPR).
There is a separate thread that relates to the actual data breaches and their implications for customers, which is to be found here: BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data

The one law firm that currently seems to be persuing a Class Action against BA is SPG. They have a specific site set up at https://www.badatabreach.com/ - please make sure you check all the FAQs and terms and conditions and make sure the Class Action is right for you before you sign up.

* SPG is now PGMBM.
* Payments are being made through Shieldpay, who are seeming to be both lethargic and/or inept.
Print Wikipost

BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BAEC
Maybe we need a separate thread about the Class Action Suit
Suggested to Mods ... a bit of a PITA for them, but I see where you are, as this could roll on for quite a while.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
I too signed up for the Class Action Suit after receiving the 2nd email last night. Immediately after 1st email, I had a message pop up from Yahoo on my mobile to confirm that I was trying to login from Nebraska! Hardly as I was in Europe. All passwords changed and 2 credit cards cancelled.

So I think a dedicated thread for class action suit would be appropriate
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

And we can save this thread for the next hack? 🤣
Let’s pray there isn’t another hack.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by T8191
Suggested to Mods ... a bit of a PITA for them, but I see where you are, as this could roll on for quite a while.
This sub topic is now being streamed in its own discussion thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Hands up who’s signed up? I’d be interested in numbers.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Meh
I just signed up as I am angry BA is playing the victim in all of this. Sick of BA actually right now.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:57 pm

Signed up. Somewhere in the forum archives is a post from a person who was in the old IT department at the time the jobs were being outsourced to India, which warned of catastrophe in the future. God knows how much the various IT failures have now cost BA but I am sure they haven’t saved any money in making the move.
wrp96 and alpenlupe like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Hands up who’s signed up?
Me - on 23 September 2018.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yup, myself and Mrs ZB have signed up. We were both caught in this second disclosure with reward flights. It sort of goes against the grain a wee bit, but BA’s woeful communication and behaviour has pushed us to to a place where we want to see them publicly held to account for their inability to accept the consequences of their shortcomings!

Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Just signed up too.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Not clear from their documentation if they are paying (and hence bearing) the cost of the insurance to cover costs if the action is not successful.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

I signed up today. And thanks to the mods for making this a separate thread.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Physci
Not clear from their documentation if they are paying (and hence bearing) the cost of the insurance to cover costs if the action is not successful.
That is still not clear for me either. You have 14 days to backout once signing.

But I signed up earlier and thanks Mods for separate thread.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Just for completeness I’ve signed up too. Caught up in the first breach, just as I was stating the process of acquiring a business and needing loans to do so. God knows what ticking time bomb is waiting to go off in future.

Utterly sick of their victim mentality.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just signed up for this and the CX class action. Got caught up in both. Lucky me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.