Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Longhaul Destinations: 6 Months Pregnant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Longhaul Destinations: 6 Months Pregnant

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and suggestions! I've certainly taken heart from them that flying longhaul isn't over for us yet!

After looking through the suggestions I realised I should have mentioned a key criteria.....sun! February is cold and miserable in the UK hence we will definitely need to go somewhere sunny! We've already been to Japan and as much as I would like to go to S.Korea, it looks like it'll be rather cold at that time of year!

I quite fancy Oman or the Maldives, however surprisingly, there's no availability to Oman up until when the route is canceled, I always thought this was fairly easy to get reward flights on? Has anyone flown to Abu Dhabi or Dubai and then taken a shuttle to MCT? I'm not holding out much hope for availability to open up for the Maldives
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Furton
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and suggestions! I've certainly taken heart from them that flying longhaul isn't over for us yet!

After looking through the suggestions I realised I should have mentioned a key criteria.....sun! February is cold and miserable in the UK hence we will definitely need to go somewhere sunny! We've already been to Japan and as much as I would like to go to S.Korea, it looks like it'll be rather cold at that time of year!

I quite fancy Oman or the Maldives, however surprisingly, there's no availability to Oman up until when the route is canceled, I always thought this was fairly easy to get reward flights on? Has anyone flown to Abu Dhabi or Dubai and then taken a shuttle to MCT? I'm not holding out much hope for availability to open up for the Maldives

I flew into Dubai and then took an onward flight to Muscat, though I did stopover in Dubai for 3 days.

Mine was on a star alliance award flight and I joined a virtually empty Swiss aircraft arrived from Zurich for the hop across.

Pleasant flight in J with 2 bar rounds and snack served.

Bonus was UAE entry stamp meant I didnt need a visa for Oman saving the cost and queuing, second bonus, baggage last in at DXB and was first out in Muscat so out the airport within 10 mins.

Im sure youd be able to jump on one of the many Emirates or Oman Air flights back to Dubai to then check in for BA . The Swiss departure from MCT was around 1am and arrived in Dubai at the same time as most of the Europe/London bound flights were leaving so that would be no good for a connection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.