Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It wasn’t BA, was it Delta?
If it definitely wasn't BA, then maybe it was DL...I can't remember.

M
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Fingers crossed PDX
Second that!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:55 pm

It’s Baton Rouge! Isn’t it?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:58 pm

PDX + CVG

PDX - cooler than Seattle and where the Silicon Valley chill...?
CVG - cargo mania, big city/metro, presently no direct LONDON...?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Kirklee
PDX - cooler than Seattle and where the Silicon Valley chill...?
CVG - cargo mania, big city/metro, presently no direct LONDON...?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Kirklee, it's good to see you on the Board and I hope that we will see more of you here in the future. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the issue. Though I personally would like to see PDX - and it's been mentioned in some previous threads too - the probable key to this is whichever airport or city authority is soooo keen to have a direct link to London / Europe that they are prepared to offer BA a hefty revenue guarantee. That certainly was behind New Orleans, Nashville and Pittsburgh. As a result we sometimes first hear of places because local media in the city concerned has reported on the indemnity on offer. At least in the case of Nashville and New Orleans, I doubt that guarantee will need to be invoked.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Flyerphil
My money is on taking on Raleigh-Durham from American. Looks like LHR is the only long haul American flight from RDU so would be easier for BA to operate this than AA.
I wouldn't be quick to make that assumption. AA is adding PHX-LHR next year and that will be AA's only longhaul flight to PHX. The aircraft for that flight actually rotates at LHR rather than positioning to PHX, and it's not the same aircraft back and forth as the LHR-PHX flight departs before the PHX-LHR flight lands at LHR. Yes, PHX is an AA hub, but in this scenario has little difference than RDU.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Flyerphil
My money is on taking on Raleigh-Durham from American. Looks like LHR is the only long haul American flight from RDU so would be easier for BA to operate this than AA.
Absolutely zero chance, this route is run purely for some absolutely huge AA corporate contracts. AA has such a big presence at LHR that it works just fine on a W pattern just like PHX will next summer.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by opalfruit
High candidates:

PDX
STL
DTW
MEM
CVG

No chance:
HNL/OGG/LIH/KOA/ITO
Well, there's certainly no chance for LIH/OGG, as the longest runway at each is under 7,000 feet long!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
EI threw a curve ball with their MSP announcement a few weeks ago, any takers for that?

Pilot37
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by psgkdm
Fingers crossed for MSP
me too hate connecting through ORD and not flying Delta 😂
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Pilot37
EI threw a curve ball with their MSP announcement a few weeks ago, any takers for that?
Seems unlikely BA would compete with its sister airline on a marginal route?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:03 pm

EDI-SBA ^
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:59 pm

It's fun to guess.

It it seems BA has all of Norwegian's US airports covered. Maybe they'll target WowAir. They serve Saint Louis, Pitsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit as well as other BA destinations. Maybe they'll target one of these.

Also interesting: the current (or about to leave) guy in charge of new routes for BA is Sean Doyle. He is moving to become CEO of EI. So what is he leaving behind? And has he been working on behalf of both airlines for the last while? i.e. Offering EI and IB and BA to all these US airports
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
CHS has been mentioned in a recent thread Next USA city?, and laughed at....

But considering that the IAG Cargo website is highlighting Boeing as a customer...might this route be viable for a mix of passengers and cargo?

https://www.iagcargo.com/

Fingers crossed..
SK likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:53 pm

I hope they’ll fly out of CVG as CDG is the only European city they have. WOW is going away...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.