Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
If it’s only flying the route twice a week, it’s got to be a LGW route, LHR is sold as a connections airport and twice a week doesn’t help anybody.
I’m going to suggest LGW - SJU x 2 weekly (yes SJU is a U.S. destination) to continue their Caribbean coverage and service the cruise ship trade which sails out of there for Southern Carribean routes.

Pilot37
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by bananahead
The headline was "New shorthaul routes for 2019 - and a new US route is coming too'.
Continues "Stay tuned over the coming days for news of a brand new US route. We can't share the details with you just yet - but it'll appear on Yammer and the intranet very soon"
2 days a week would be very challenging for a business route, maybe HNL could be in the mix after all? Hope so as I have a honeymoon to book soon....
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Pilot37
If it’s only flying the route twice a week, it’s got to be a LGW route, LHR is sold as a connections airport and twice a week doesn’t help anybody.
I’m going to suggest LGW - SJU x 2 weekly (yes SJU is a U.S. destination) to continue their Caribbean coverage and service the cruise ship trade which sails out of there for Southern Carribean routes.

Pilot37
BA have tried SJU before.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RobDBA
2 days a week would be very challenging for a business route, maybe HNL could be in the mix after all? Hope so as I have a honeymoon to book soon....
except us BA-Gold FTers choosing BA/AA to HNL need/want TP's so do not really want to fly direct to HNL for half the indirect TP's. (Plus a direct flight is always priced higher too)
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Could be RSW from Gatwick. I was surprised at the number of foreign tourists I saw around there.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
except us BA-Gold FTers choosing BA/AA to HNL need/want TP's so do not really want to fly direct to HNL for half the indirect TP's. (Plus a direct flight is always priced higher too)
Haha - still 5 days a week to do that anyway, and leave the direct flight for those of us who want a direct flight on a 241 to get there quickly!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
BA have tried SJU before.
Over the last 5 years BA have returned to a number of routes they have tried before. I would also go with LGW-SJU.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Twice a week does really look like a leisure route. Also, if twice a week and we're not meant to get too excited, might it be a city that isn't exactly top of everyone's list or one that may be relatively near others? SJU and CHS might not be ridiculous suggestions after all. SNA maybe?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Could LHR-HNL be nonstop ?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by AMBurns1512
SNA maybe?
The runway at SNA is only 1700m long, no chance.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Flyerphil
My money is on taking on Raleigh-Durham from American. Looks like LHR is the only long haul American flight from RDU so would be easier for BA to operate this than AA.
I regularly take this flight and most often find it full. GSK have a major site nearby in RTP and have a lot of their people go back and forth. I would imagine it's a good revenue earner for the airline Incidentally and completely off topic, there's an AA cabin crew team who are often on this flight leaving Mondays (I guess they like their weekends in London) that are amongst the best in the business.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Could LHR-HNL be nonstop ?
Honolulu is almost the same distance from London as Santiago so should be possible but not sure about contingency diversion requirements.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Could be RSW from Gatwick. I was surprised at the number of foreign tourists I saw around there.
As much as I would like to see that and there has been talk of a direct service from the UK for many years, perhaps the large number of tourists indicates that it isn't that difficult to get to using MCO, MIA, FLL or TPA?

Last edited by Blueboys999; Oct 18, 2018 at 10:46 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended

Nobody guess Buffalo for Niagara Falls and Toronto traffic? SJU is too seasonal depends on cruise traffic so I am dismiss this port. What about Salt Lake City? or St Louis? I don't know if BA flies to these two cities but that would be my guess. Salt Lake City, St. Louis, Indianapolis and Kansas City seems to be on the card.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Originally Posted by Airprox
The runway at SNA is only 1700m long, no chance.
I never even thought of the runway length there, sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.