Wiki Posts
Search

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
It's fun to guess.

It it seems BA has all of Norwegian's US airports covered. Maybe they'll target WowAir. They serve Saint Louis, Pitsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Detroit as well as other BA destinations. Maybe they'll target one of these.

Also interesting: the current (or about to leave) guy in charge of new routes for BA is Sean Doyle. He is moving to become CEO of EI. So what is he leaving behind? And has he been working on behalf of both airlines for the last while? i.e. Offering EI and IB and BA to all these US airports
Could be. WOW just announced they are pulling out of St Louis, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Maybe BA thinks it could make a better go of one of them that WOW did.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:04 am

As much as I would love it to be CVG (went last month to visit friends, LHR-JFK then JFK - CVG) my money is on MSP or DTW
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:20 am

The new route is only going to be flown 2 days a week, so don’t get too excited...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster

The BA CEO is currently enroute to JFK. Could be totally unrelated to the new route announcement or maybe not.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by opalfruit
High candidates:

PDX
STL
DTW
MEM
CVG

No chance:
HNL/OGG/LIH/KOA/ITO
NW used to have success with MEM-LON and they had no hub at LON airports. Whether it's TN or somewhere in the Carolinas or elsewhere, I'm expecting additional BA metal heading to the US South or to a hub airport of what used to be NW.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
If it's only 2 days a week then it's a leisure route, maybe RSW?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Absolutely no chance but hopefully SRQ
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
So sorry, guys. Your hope is for another direct LON-(US) flight. For me, and many others, the whole idea of FT is to find another connection flight, making more TPs/miles/EQD/EQM or whatever else possible, really possible.

Is there another forum for ppl just seeking direct flights?
T8191 and LSunbury like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC
First post so hope I’m doing it right

I’m inclined to say this route could be from LGW as LHR seems to have a solid network of new routes for 2019 and they do have a lot of slots to fill down at Gatwick.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:27 am

Wasn’t ABQ a hot rumour a year or so ago?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAeuro
First post so hope I’m doing it right

I’m inclined to say this route could be from LGW as LHR seems to have a solid network of new routes for 2019 and they do have a lot of slots to fill down at Gatwick.
If the 2 x week rumour is correct you may well be right BAeuro as that frequency would suggest a leisure route which have typically used LGW. Although recent leisure routes (DUR and Seychelles) have been launched ex LHR so it's anyones guess. I think the biggest factor in determining whether ex LHR or ex LGW is how much feed the route would need. If it has a decent O&D supply from the UK, LGW is fine. If it needs international connections to make it viable, LHR.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
US or North America

Was it specified as a US destination or a North American destination in CCNews?

If North American and 2 x weekly, could somewhere like PVR in Mexico be a thing?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by NXflyer
If North American and 2 x weekly, could somewhere like PVR in Mexico be a thing?
Certainly would fit with BA's "premium leisure" focus currently.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:57 am

CCNews specified a US Route
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

The headline was "New shorthaul routes for 2019 - and a new US route is coming too'.
Continues "Stay tuned over the coming days for news of a brand new US route. We can't share the details with you just yet - but it'll appear on Yammer and the intranet very soon"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.