Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

A friend of mine that works for BA has told me that staff have been told officially via an internal staff magazine to stay tuned to find out where BA's next US destination will be. To be announced within days.

Ideas? Portland is one that comes to mind for me. Or perhaps a return to Detroit? HNL??!!
krispy84 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:54 pm

I've double-checked the Intranet, the BA staff magazine (Up to Speed) and Yammer and I haven't seen anything but a competition to win 2 tickets to see two teams (Kentucky Turkeys vs Oakland Gang-bangers, or something like that) play American football at Wembley. As much as I enjoy dread yet another flight to God-knows-what-ville in North Dakota, we've also got to remember that next year's deliveries aren't much higher than the planned retirements, and the Rolls Royce debacle meant that, this summer, we almost ran out of planes.

All this is my own opinion, based on my own capability to use the "search" function in the Intranet and elsewhere, and not BA's.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:54 pm

SWF?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:01 pm

The news was in an internal email to Cabin Crew this evening. Just said to expect an announcement within the next few days and that’s all.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13900
I've double-checked the Intranet, the BA staff magazine (Up to Speed) and Yammer and I haven't seen anything but a competition to win 2 tickets to see two teams (Kentucky Turkeys vs Oakland Gang-bangers, or something like that) play American football at Wembley. As much as I enjoy dread yet another flight to God-knows-what-ville in North Dakota, we've also got to remember that next year's deliveries aren't much higher than the planned retirements, and the Rolls Royce debacle meant that, this summer, we almost ran out of planes.

All this is my own opinion, based on my own capability to use the "search" function in the Intranet and elsewhere, and not BA's.
The article is in Cabin Crew News
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:03 pm

Somewhere in the Carolinas?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
if you had any idea at all then you'd at least drop a hint not just start yet another post that is just speculation.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:25 pm

My money is on taking on Raleigh-Durham from American. Looks like LHR is the only long haul American flight from RDU so would be easier for BA to operate this than AA.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
if you had any idea at all then you'd at least drop a hint not just start yet another post that is just speculation.
I think that’s unnecessary. If OP has reliable information (which they believe they do) that a new route is to be announced imminently, it’s worthy of a new thread even if they don’t know what the route is.

Once we do know, the thread title can be updated with [confirmed - SWF twice daily] or whatever it may be.
SK, seanp7, orbitmic and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
ISTR I liked my brief time in Kentucky.

<stick random pin in map>
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Hmmm Cincinatti?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Are you for real? Did you actually read my post? There is no hint because the new destination hasn't been released. What HAS been released is that a new destination will be announced within days. Jeez.
SK, GLA, RobDBA and 12 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:41 pm

Cincinnati appears to have no direct air service to London and has c.2m residents. Must be up there with the largest US cities without direct London service. I once connected through Cincinatti while travelling NAS-LGW in Delta hub days.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
then start a thread when it has been announced with details of dates it will start and days of the week and the times it will operate - SOMETHING USEFUL - not yet another one full of unfounded speculation - and there are dozens of those already!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

then start a thread when it has been announced with details of dates it will start and days of the week and the times it will operate - SOMETHING USEFUL - not yet another one full of unfounded speculation - and there are dozens of those already!
There is no speculation that a new route will be launching within the next few days. That is FACT.

And perhaps keep your forum moderating to yourself. You are one dissenting voice amongst many other replies. If the topic does not interest you - move on. Simples.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.