Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best F Avios Can Buy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Deleted

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 7, 2018 at 10:29 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:49 am

I still like CX F the most. The seat is arguably the best F seat on any airline and the lounges are among the best. Service is generally impeccable and really food is the only slight let down.

JL F is a very good choice, particularly the food, although i cannot abide by the hot cabins they seem to love.

I would not go out of my way to fly BA, AA, QF or QR and i have no experience of MH F.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by 1010101
I still like CX F the most. The seat is arguably the best F seat on any airline and the lounges are among the best. Service is generally impeccable and really food is the only slight let down.

I would not go out of my way to fly BA, AA, QF or QR and i have no experience of MH F.
Give it a go some time ! You won’t find much to quibble about with MH in F, I tell ya
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:53 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
I don't travel F a lot. If I do it's on reward points.
Having read many posts on 'best avios F' I think I'm convinced to try JL F ex LHR, so thanks everyone for posting to help that decision.
They release 2 F seats at the 330 day mark and these don't always seem to get instantly snapped up.
Then the availability diminishes.
Then it opens up again for most flights nearer departure.
So I guess they rarely sell out their F.

BA F is definitely something you only want to do if using your 2-4-1.
I have done a couple of times and it's definitely good value as a 2-4-1 but a waste of avios otherwise IMO.

OP is in YYZ not EU.
Are the JL flights going over the pacific of the same quality as those ex UK?

I did think about going LHR-HND and then SFO JFK LHR for fun, so I'm also interested in what the pacific flights are like.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Are the JL flights going over the pacific of the same quality as those ex UK?
Sure are! My first experience of JL F was LAX to NAR and it was fabulous; instantly made JL my favourite F. I have subsequently flown LHR and FRA to NAR and HND and they were as good. Some meal components can be exceptional.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:40 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The catering is supposedly better ex-Japan, even if ex-Europe is already really good.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
In a similar situation I too would forget I had my cost centers tagging along, but that's because they would be in the back while we sit upfront.
They were of an age that meant I really could do that, not without leaving their mother back there with them....and that would inevitably have lead to a very messy and very expensive divorce!!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Some
Interestingly, Skift just published an opinion piece that appears to agree with the collective choice of JL - https://skift.com/2018/06/08/the-bes...summer-travel/
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Anywhere safe and convenient with a toddler.

Japan it is!
If you are using public transport there, be prepared to have to negotiate a lot of stairs at some stations...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Thanks! What about NA east coast departure from YYZ or JFK? Should we fly CX to Asia, QF to Australia, CX back to Asia and JAL back to NA?
What is often overlooked is availabilty, unless ou gave unlimited flexibility. Ypu might need to choose the airline based on what is available. I do not often see 3 reward seats available in F for instance, so prepare to be flexible.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If you are interested in the Japanese menu in JL F, and will only be booking F in one direction you should definitely go for a flight originating in Tokyo.

​​​​​While the JAL first class menus out of Heathrow are excellent, the menus out of Haneda are just levels better. The drinks list is the same on all JAL first class flights.

Currently Salon is unfortunately off the menu for JAL, an inevitable thing as JAL was pouring through vintages quicker than Salon was releasing them. I am sure it will return when a new vintage is ready. The Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill 2006 is a worthy replacement IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.