Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Thanks all for a really fun night, great to put more faces to names!
An even bigger thanks to Chris and Gavin for organising and hosting. Lots of photos of Westminster were shared in WhatsApp last night - instead of planes for a change!

Have a great weekend!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
A most excellent event, as always, many thanks to all who helped make it happen.always a pleasure meeting past and new folk. See many of you in a few weeks in Phoenix: for those who have not yet booked their passage, there is still time.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Many thanks for a well-organized Do in an impressive surrounding. A massive applause for Gavin and his team. This was the first time I could participate in the London summer event, and I certainly hope BAFT can recruit another inside connection to keep this tradition running.
squawk likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
​​​​​Thank you for a fantastic event last night - and special thanks to Gavin, his team, and Cris for organising and hosting. Great to meet many of you and put faces to names.
​​​​​​
Have an amazing weekend - and already looking forward to the next one!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:40 am

I had a wonderful time at my first "do". Thanks to the organisers and to everyone being so welcoming.
squawk and Calchas like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:48 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Great Do

Met a lot of interesting folks.
Is there a link to donate to G&St? I forgot to donate for the food component.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
See post 262 for the link
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
you too
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Great do last night, good luck to gav0106 with the move
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Thank you for a great evening! Bit of a headache this morning, but it was worth it...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Nice as always to put names and faces to handles, here's to the next one (not Phoenix, but Teledude I did check this morning before realising I was in Switzerland that weekend!)

Only bum note was not seeing the inflatable Trump baby!
KeaneJohn, teledude and AStarr like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
Nice as always to put names and faces to handles, here's to the next one (not Phoenix, but Teledude I did check this morning before realising I was in Switzerland that weekend!)

Only bum note was not seeing the inflatable Trump baby!
GIB in March?

And I see @teledude is still trying to entice people to PHX!
teledude likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by madfish

GIB in March?

And I see @teledude is still trying to entice people to PHX!
link for those interested Another BAFT mini-do. Gibraltar, Saturday 23 March 2019

Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Morning All. Thanks again to those who could make it, a pleasure to host you all. So we raised a fantastic £592.50 for the Evelina London Children's Hospital, a special thanks to LondonAndy who donated from his Give as you Earn pot, and too those who donated for the raffle. Bar took over £1300, which may explain the sore heads the next morning. Look forward to hosting you all in Thailand, I am sure Qatar will have some TP runs out there soon. I am leaving a note in the handover to ensure the rest of team look after you, if you need a venue in the future.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
However, I will be making a donation to the hospital as a thank you for tonight's event. You can do the same by contacting the Fundraising Team in one of the following ways -

Call: 020 7848 4701
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.supportgstt.org.uk
Thank you Filthy for this as I, um, forgot to contribute as the evening rolled on. Good to see old and new faces and thank you Chris and Gav for efforts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.