Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Really disappointed to be missing this. Never been to a FT Do and it looks great but unfortunately I'll be in California. Perhaps a sign I should finalise a trip out to the PHX Do in August. Bit more of a logistical challenge than a train into Waterloo!
Old May 15, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pascoe
Don't they normally land at STN for this sort of thing? Or is that only for hostages?
Obama flew in and out of STN so I guess that's standard. I understand he got speedy boarding too
lostinlondon likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Obama flew in and out of STN so I guess that's standard. I understand he got speedy boarding too
Plus the theoretical seating rules on Air Force one are AMAZING!!!

They don't just block the seat next to you out - they block out a whole chunk of airspace. And enforce it with fighters.
squawk and rockflyertalk like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Not Yankee? 😁
Perhaps. But he is orange.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
I'm in!
aks120 and megaloman like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Pascoe
Plus the theoretical seating rules on Air Force one are AMAZING!!!

They don't just block the seat next to you out - they block out a whole chunk of airspace. And enforce it with fighters.
Is this better than what GGL/fL and Prems get?! You might upset a few here and cause a few more threads... ‘Gold+ to get theoretical airspace blocked out plus fighter jets’
Pascoe, teledude and tedcruz like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
I will be there. Have just booked my journey to London.

(Does anyone know when Theoretical Seating kicks in on GWR...?)

WSM
Cris L and Cymro like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
I will be there. Have just booked my journey to London.

(Does anyone know when Theoretical Seating kicks in on GWR...?)

WSM

Judging by my train journies to/from London this week the closest you'll get is Intrusive Standing. July will be even better - after all, height of summer is the best time to pack in like sardines (this includes First Class!)
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I'll be there
Old May 17, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I’m In !
Cris L likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Don’t forget Donald Trump is scheduled to visit the UK on 13 July 2018. If he’s a closet FTer he might show up at the ‘do’.
Wonder what Frequent Flyer programme AF1 is part of? Likely DJT is a first class twa.... sorry, is a First class passenger on AF1 so how many FF miles do yiou think he'll get? Or, maybe, he's on a Redemption ticket?
Anyway, wont be able to make the London Do as I'm off to CDG that Weekend DJing. First time since Uni, so have managed to source some Gramophones and 78rpm vinyl.
ML
Old May 17, 2018, 10:47 am

In! When the clock strikes midnight we can start celebrating Bastille Day...
Old May 18, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Snap, crackle and.... Pop!

Every minor obstacle removed. Happy to join !
Upgraded myself on the Wiki.

See you all in 8 weeks!
Old May 18, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Count me in too. Cheers
Old May 18, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I am in, Never been to an FT do so looking forward to it, especially as I will be missing the PHX one,

A more logistical question from someone who knows nothing about London or who only actually visits it's airports,

Which is the best airport to fly to / from ? I am coming down from GLA. I was thinking LCY in and LHR out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.