Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chris1979
Friday 13th July at our usual stunning terrace venue at St Thomas hospital.more details to follow but please save the date for now!
Lucky date! I should be in London to attend.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Finally, I'm actually around for one of these
Old May 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Don’t forget Donald Trump is scheduled to visit the UK on 13 July 2018. If he’s a closet FTer he might show up at the ‘do’.
Stez and rockflyertalk like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Don’t forget Donald Trump is scheduled to visit the UK on 13 July 2018. If he’s a closet FTer he might show up at the ‘do’.
Goodness, can you imagine him at a DO? The DYKWIA-meter will be off the scale....

Joking aside, are there likely to be traffic restrictions/disruptions? The hospital is not only very close to parliament (think protests) but is also located between there and the new US embassy?
Old May 14, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
stay away from @teledue and @KARFA if you want to have any chance of making that flight.....
At least it's a Plus fare - although I imagine the CCR will be quite quiet the next morning!
Old May 14, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
stay away from @teledue and @KARFA if you want to have any chance of making that flight.....
Scandalous. I was very sober the other day at dinner
Old May 14, 2018, 10:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
actions, not just words please.
what did your last slave die of? presumably not boredom!

wiki now sorted
squawk likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Yes, should be able to make this date!
Plus Mrs Oxtailsoup.

Last edited by oxtailsoup; May 15, 2018 at 1:27 am
Old May 14, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
He won’t need a name badge - it’s quite obvious his Flyertalk name starts with ‘Tango’...
Pandra likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Yes please, I would like to attend with Mr Pandra. last year was great!
Old May 14, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by KARFA
what did your last slave die of?
Believe he is still alive producing wikis for FT threads
Old May 14, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
It figures to be a bit mad in London that day, mostly thanks to this event. Trump, whatever ... still I'll be coming straight from the protest marches

Actually, I was scheduled to be up north, but that may need to be revised. So a very probable attendee at this point.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
For hotels don’t forget that is also the last weekend of Wimbledon (said knowingly with 2tickets for the Ladies finals on Saturday 14th)

imwill try try to make an appearance.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:53 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Friday the 13th? This risks summoning the Four Horsepersons of the Apocalypse.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Honestly, you just can’t rely on some people, can you? .

Wiki create for you - perhaps you could amend and add some details?

Thank you for organising this again - if you need any help from the Mod team, please drop us a PM.
thank you most kindly. you don't quite seem to understand though - you are also responsible for the 'amend and add details' bit

Originally Posted by squawk
Goodness, can you imagine him at a DO? The DYKWIA-meter will be off the scale....

Joking aside, are there likely to be traffic restrictions/disruptions? The hospital is not only very close to parliament (think protests) but is also located between there and the new US embassy?
I am speaking with No 10 and strongly encouraging them - for our and everyone else's sake - to host it on the Shetland Islands. I am not sure his ego can take a 'London welcome'......

Originally Posted by KARFA
what did your last slave die of? presumably not boredom!

wiki now sorted
I am reading this new book. Radical Candour. very good. anyway, you are doing a great job, my dear young friend. We all appreciate it. (I am sure there was a chapter about praise).
squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.