Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Top 10 BAEC members have dinner together. True or False?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Top 10 BAEC members have dinner together. True or False?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That's probably down to the type of flying an individual does. If you're cramming in hundreds of TPs in a single trip and are simply getting off one plane to get on to another and not making time to have proper rest or a bed then it's no surprise jet lag will hit you at some point.

The seasoned business traveller will not usually be affected by jet lag. Those who do fly regularly week in, week out become disciplined in their travel. They will know the best times to get their head down on a particular flight, they know when to wake themselves up, they know which flights best suit their work commitments and body clock, they know to avoid alcohol and not to over do it with the food, they know the best time to go to bed and to wake up.They are not getting off one aircraft just to get on to another one, and another one, and another one ...

Jet lag is not something that affects me. Doing two return TATLs in a week is manageable, and without experiencing fatigue or jet lag, I've done it regularly. Even a trip down to SYD and back isn't too taxing if you sleep and wake at the right times. I've just completed 3 quick returns to SIN over a three week period with 18-20 short haul in between. At no point during this period have I felt jet lagged. My wife joined me on the last trip, it has taken her 3-4 days to recover from the jet lag where I was straight back to work.I remained disciplined, she on the other hand slpet when she was tired, woke up when she woke up and enjoyed a few drinks.

I have my wings clipped somewhat at the moment, and I am travelling much less than normal but I am not at surprised at the TP earnings being quoted above. There are quite a number on here who regularly accumulate five-figure TP totals in a Membership Year from purely routine business (and leisure) travel.
My wife and I have similar experiences. She cheekily says my superpower is that I'm a "timezone lord" (that may sound cool, but not nearly as prestigious as that of a Time Lord).
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I think modern jet travel undoubtedly ranks as one of the most welcome developments of our time, jet-lag or no jet-lag.

But - like so many activities - moderato in omnibus.

The never-to-be-seen epitaph “I wish I’d spent more time at the office” could just as easily be subsituted by “more time on a plane”
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
For any curious about serious heavy hitting flying there's a thread on the United forum about a member here ua1flyer that has flown more than 19 million miles on United alone, 1.1 million flown miles last year, etc.
ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

At that kind of level I don't actually know how you can do a job, not from a fatigue standpoint but just performing the work. Particularly as this guy seems to train salespeople in the auto industry, something you can't exactly do from a laptop at 38,000ft! I also can't believe there's sufficient demand to fly people (in paid F!) transpacific for a day or two for that kind of role.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Having ever only flown for my own pleasure and my own budget that has afforded silver for a couple years, I am very much keen to take up an offer to do a similar level of flying described above! I’m sure the novelty and honeymoon period would wear off eventually, if not fairly quickly but the idea certainly appeals to me, despite many opinions against this lifestyle. Providing it was all in a premium cabin of course
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I was at a charity breakfast this morning, hosted by the Chairperson of a major international bank.

While their shorthaul flying is done on the company jet, their longhaul is with BA and one other OW airline.

Said Chairperson however, has averaged 2 longhauls in F per week for a great number of years. Once the person realised I was into flying, they showed me their BA account.

As a fellow CCR holder, I felt exceptionally tiny!

M
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I was at a charity breakfast this morning, hosted by the Chairperson of a major international bank.

While their shorthaul flying is done on the company jet, their longhaul is with BA and one other OW airline.

Said Chairperson however, has averaged 2 longhauls in F per week for a great number of years. Once the person realised I was into flying, they showed me their BA account.

As a fellow CCR holder, I felt exceptionally tiny!

M
In the same vain msm2000uk, I am friends with a, now retired, Senior Executive of a large International bank and he use to travel to Asia in F weekly. On a train journey we started to discuss BA and the BAEC and he was kind enough to show me his BA app Account home page. There is nothing like seeing a proper amount of Lifetime Tier points earned through business travel to make one feel rather small.

Pilot37
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by subject2load
moderato in omnibus.
Take it easy when in the bus?

I treat all my short haul flights as bus trips to/from work
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
Take it easy when in the bus?

I treat all my short haul flights as bus trips to/from work
Nice one !

And my favourite : Sic transit gloria mundi

Rough translation : “We had a rough stopover but felt great the next day .....”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.