Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Top 10 BAEC members have dinner together. True or False?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

A good friend of mine, who is not known for lying, stated to me that he had sat down with the highest TP earner of the BAEC - he didn't tell me of what year.

The chap said that the top 10 highest earners, get together for a dinner, at BA's expense. It is supposedly held in London.

The top earner works for a wealth management company, but I won't state the company name for privacy reasons.

Has anyone ever heard of these dinners?

M
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Is CWS on the guest list?
tedcruz likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
When I lived in BRU, SQ invited its top mileage members to exclusive and expensive dinners each year. They also invited a partner. They were excellent. I managed to be SQ Gold and BA Gold (when it was worth having) at the same time!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Is CWS on the guest list?
Paging @corporate-wage-slave

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 16, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Given how much the top TP earners are likely to travel, I would be impressed if BA found a way to bring ten such people all together at the same time...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
At a guess I would say this may be true.

Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:08 pm

There were semi-regular GGL lunches at Mosiman’s but haven’t been to one of those in a while.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
I got chatting to a chap on a flight once who stated that the year before he had been told by BA that he had been the third highest TP earner. He is very senior in a major UK consultancy business.

Who knows own whether he was telling porkies or not (would seem a strange thing to lie about though). He never mentioned a dinner though.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

The kicker which made me think it wasn't true, was that the dinner is held at the Houses of Parliament.

Up to that point, it sounded potentially believable.

M
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:21 pm

Did he say how many TPs were needed to get in the top10?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:23 pm
Suspended

False. They are too busy for this and any gaps in their schedules wouldn’t coincide.
LTN Phobia, pacenotes and jonkx like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Corpt
Did he say how many TPs were needed to get in the top10?
I would wager that 37,000 TPs would stand a chance. This represents two first class returns per working week.

I don't think it need be that hard. Jump on an evening flight to NYC on Sunday, complete a day's business on Monday, return in time for a day's activity on Tuesday and Wednesday. Take the evening flight again, do a day's business on Thursday, and return for a day's business on Friday. Rinse and repeat. Psychologically I imagine that it would get much harder if you had an irregular schedule and a mix of flights to a wide range of destinations.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I bet that was doable once upon a time. David Frost must have been close to that in his career
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I bet that was doable once upon a time. David Frost must have been close to that in his career
I heard Len Goodman on Radio 2 a few months back telling a similar tale.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Paging @cws
That won't get you corporate wage slave but an FTer who joined in 2016 and who has never posted.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The kicker which made me think it wasn't true, was that the dinner is held at the Houses of Parliament.
M
You can hire rooms in the Houses of Parliament for dinners and other events.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.