Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Silver status for sale on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
you can gift them to friends as well as family though so you do not have to be related. i have given mine to friends - i don't have any family to whom the cards would be of any use.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Would be so much Better if they just imposed a requirement to prove that you are related to the recipient. That should reduce this opportunism of people try to monetise the benefit.
Originally Posted by KARFA
you can gift them to friends as well as family though so you do not have to be related. i have given mine to friends - i don't have any family to whom the cards would be of any use.
I'm guessing but when @SKT-DK said "related" I suspect this was in the general sense (someone known to the giver) as opposed to a financial transaction with a random. I could be wrong of course.
SKT-DK and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by golfmad
I'm guessing but when @SKT-DK said "related" I suspect this was in the general sense (someone known to the giver) as opposed to a financial transaction with a random. I could be wrong of course.
That is exactly what I meant, despite a perhaps poor choice of words
I too have given such card to friends who did a fair bit of travel in Y but never enough to obtain status themselves - in which case I think it is perfectly fine, and no different from family. It is the opportunists who sell these online, or give away to total strangers just for it "not to go to waste" being the issue.
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
A new one popped up on ebay fairly recently for £350 (just over the price for a 160TP run)
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
A new one popped up on ebay fairly recently for £350 (just over the price for a 160TP run)
Perhaps BA should purchase it to find out who is selling it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.