Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Silver status for sale on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Mr Cruz opening up another income stream?
By stealing on other airlines?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by WorldLux
By stealing on other airlines?
The thread was about someone selling BA stuff on ebay...........

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lvbay?_dmd=...ritish+airways

Apologies if I misread
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by All She Wrote
Anyone want to buy a Lufthansa rubber duck?
I saw those in his listings, he has stolen so so much stuff! Btw, when did the LH ducks get to be so small? Mine are really huge. Not like the German & Austrian Hilton ones.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by flyuk
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-Oluf...0AAOSwARZXjiz8

Literally selling an empty box for £45.
more weirdly - it has one watcher

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Cringe-worthy and beyond tacky IMHO to be selling pillows, duvets, and headphones stolen from the plane
Thief, for sure. I wonder what the eBay laws of selling stolen goods, as these are another’s belongings...
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
I don't think anyone is questioning selling amenity kits, or gifts you are given (such as gin houses and rubber ducks). The issue is with stealing things from the aircraft and then selling them, such as pillows etc.
Not too long ago, one of the "ambassadors" on this board declared that I was a "chiseler" for selling my BA pajamas on ebay.

I guess that he/she would have preferred that I toss them in the dustbin.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
For a mere £200 you can have this collection of expired BA status cards.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-a...AAAOSwlzRahecs
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:38 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
I'm not sure what is more pathetic, the fact this guy is doing this or the fact people are actually paying decent money for the stuff..!
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Not too long ago, one of the "ambassadors" on this board declared that I was a "chiseler" for selling my BA pajamas on ebay.

I guess that he/she would have preferred that I toss them in the dustbin.
Pyjamagate! I remember that, a very heated discussion - First Class Sleeper Suit on day flight
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Pyjamagate! I remember that, a very heated discussion - First Class Sleeper Suit on day flight
That was a very amusing read, well worth the 5-10 minutes I spent reading through it, thanks for sharing :-::-::-::-::-::-:
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lioneye
The thread was about someone selling BA stuff on ebay...........

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lvbay?_dmd=...ritish+airways
The guy is selling anything he can get his hands on: QR J blanket, SQ Bose NC-headphones, Burj Al Arab Beach bag, AA First class pillow, VW T5 jack, the Mercedes Benz tire repair kit (mentioned earlier), SQ First class blanket, Mercedes Car mats, a treadmill, etc. It's definitely not just BA stuff.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:25 pm

I always sell my Amex Plat luggage tags on Ebay - and someone in Germany always buys them for c30 quid!

Can't see the attraction of status tags - since `i m a BA Blue I'd have to print my own (hey, that's an idea, maybe I could sell those! )- since they probably just tell people that this bag might be worth nicking.

As for amenity kits and bankers and pillows...... Hey man, travel light! I just say "no thanks" to the amenity kits so they can be offered to someone else. And keep travelling the world with my sub 10kg hand baggage.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I don't understand how it would even be possible to sell status. Doesn't the name on the ticket need to match the name of the status holder to get the benefits?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kumulani
I don't understand how it would even be possible to sell status. Doesn't the name on the ticket need to match the name of the status holder to get the benefits?
Gold Guest List gets three partner cards to give away - 1 gold, 2 silver. You simply add the person to your friends and family list and press 'gift' (effectively).

So it's easy enough to give away. If you're *caught* selling it - that's the problem.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I sell my amenity kits.. I ended up with four of the QR Bric kits and they go for around £5-10 a time on eBay. I don't need them and it's a bit of pocket money towards the next trip!

I wouldn't dream of taking pillows/blankets/headphones though.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kumulani
This was also my immediate thought, to be honest, but I suppose GGL “giftable” status explains it.

Although... I have had this idea kicking around for a while which to me seems like an interesting ‘business’ opportunity between friends:

1) Person A is time poor, money rich.
2) Person B is time rich, money poor - and enjoys flying.
3) Person A and Person B come to an arrangement whereby Person A subsidises some of all of Person B’s travel to hit GGL through a series of TP runs or whatever
4) In return, Person B gifts Person A the Gold card (and, potentially, the two Silvers).
5) Person B enjoys GGL; Person A (and partner/offspring) enjoy Gold/Silver.

As I read the terms and conditions, this is all perfectly legal and above board. Obviously it wouldn’t work for someone who really cared about GGL/CCR access for themselves. If Person A didn’t especially enjoy flying, that also helps - they want the status benefits without flying First the whole time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.