Search

BA Silver status for sale on eBay?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by arrow2fast
why is GIVING silver memebership to a random person a "correct use"
and receiving anything in return "abuse".
I am curious of your reasoning.
Because the rules prevent it, see this post above for the exact wording: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29433104-post30.html
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It has been noted before

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31700520-post67.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31702604-post74.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31702623-post75.html
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: Some
you are so full of it.
My husband and I travel very frequently in J and sometimes in First.
BA, AA Cathay an JAL>
we don't STEAL anything but often take the travel kits or pajama with us thinking "I will use it on my connecting short haul flight" or "I will give this pajama as a gift" and then often don't use it.
We have a cupboard FULL of unopened travel bags, of which some we give away when a friend is travelling, but it came to the point that we have in excess of 30...
I can't be bothered to list them on ebay...
but perhaps some people have the time.
we stopped taking anything from the plane to prevent waste.
I see E passengers walking through J cabin and picking up left-behind kits.
That is still not stealing.

what kind of person are you to always think ill of others? ("they surely stole it...")
I'm not sure you read this thread properly, which probably would have made sense before having a histrionic reaction. No one is saying you shouldn't take the amenity kit or pajamas you are provided with, what is being criticized is taking blankets or Bose headphones which are meant to be left behind on the flight.
argonath likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
why is GIVING silver memebership to a random person a "correct use"
and receiving anything in return "abuse".
I am curious of your reasoning.
Is this thread missing some posts between February last year & today - as reading this now doesn't make any sense.
cosmo74 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by babats
Is this thread missing some posts between February last year & today - as reading this now doesn't make any sense.
Sold on eBay?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CRC, Delta Plat. Med.
I read carefully the instructions for the card giving.
it says that we can ADD ANY PERSON to my friends list and then bestow on them the status (silver or gold) for 12 months.
so... I don't see how this would be "abuse" to give it to someone who in turn would offer thanks, be it another gift or cash.

I think you people are trying to be holier than the pope.
I live outside of Europe and I don't have any friends who fly BA, or even to Europe.
My family, when they fly BA, do it on my dime (or on my avios) and always with me.

IMO it would be a shame to waste 6 partner cards (both me and my husband are GGL)
are you suggesting we should throw the cards out?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CRC, Delta Plat. Med.
that does not make any sense. Person A should simply pay for the uppity class every time, they won't need the Gold status.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
it says that we can ADD ANY PERSON to my friends list and then bestow on them the status (silver or gold) for 12 months.
so... I don't see how this would be "abuse" to give it to someone who in turn would offer thanks, be it another gift or cash.

I live outside of Europe and I don't have any friends who fly BA, or even to Europe.
My family, when they fly BA, do it on my dime (or on my avios) and always with me.

IMO it would be a shame to waste 6 partner cards (both me and my husband are GGL)
The T&Cs specifically prohibit it:

"11.1. Any purported purchase, sale, transfer, unauthorised use (including bartering), procurement or redemption of Silver/Gold partner Cards and/or Hilton HHonours Diamond Cards issued or awarded to another person or any other use contrary to these Terms and Conditions will constitute a fundamental breach by the Member of these Terms and Conditions and therefore the contract between British Airways and the Member.

11.2. Each Member acknowledges that a breach pursuant to Clause 11.1 above may also constitute an inducement to breach the contract between British Airways and the Member, intentional damage to the business of British Airways, conspiracy and criminal offences under applicable local or national law. Any breach pursuant to Clause 11.1 will constitute Fraud and/or Misconduct and will be dealt with in accordance with Clauses 12 and 13 below."
Globaliser, golfmad, KARFA and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:10 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Yes, unless you can gift them cost free to family and friends as intended.

Those cards are not an asset to be disposed of, but a benefit to be used if applicable.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:16 am

BA status is useful on many other airlines. Do you have friends or family who fly American Airlines?
golfmad likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: Meh

Man that post made me cringe.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I don't see how this would be "abuse" to give it to someone who in turn would offer thanks, be it another gift or cash.
Gosh, we have very different ideas of what a gift is. As Tobias-UK points out above, using your partner cards for financial gain is a breach of the BAEC T&Cs and opens the possibility of your account being terminated by BA and your avios balance voided. Your call.
H2L and Fatdickie like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
And I would fear the purchaser complaining to BA, "I paid good money for this status, DYKWIA??" if something went wrong!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Better if they just removed the perk. I think guesting is fine for limited numbers, but when it's abused for school holidays, it's a bad way for status customers to be treated. The lounge shouldn't be turned into a tik tok factory. This is just an extension of these abuses.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Would be so much Better if they just imposed a requirement to prove that you are related to the recipient. That should reduce this opportunism of people try to monetise the benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.