FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by LSunbury
If you didn't have a visa and planned to drop the last leg would you have problems getting BPs for the return from USA back as far as London or Madrid?
Yes - I had a narrow escape at JFK and was almost refused travel JFK-LHR as the visa for the following LGW-ALG was no longer valid.

Don''t risk it ! You will get zero sympathy (or compensation) if you're IDB'd for improper travel docs
orbitmic and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by OverTheHorizon; Jun 8, 2018 at 1:52 am
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Not so much a fantastic deal but I have managed to get DUB-LCY-JFK-MCO-PHL-LHR-DUB for 1400 which isn't bad as I actually need to be in Florida that week and the bonus is I get to try the BA1. Business / domestic First.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
LIN-JFK / JFK-DUB for ~1350 selected holiday season dates:

Can't post the link here as I've not posted frequently enough, but Google Flights shows a good example for 5th Aug outbound; 18th Aug inbound.

LIN-JFK:
PERMITTED 24MAR THROUGH 03APR OR 01JUL THROUGH 31AUG OR
23NOV THROUGH 30NOV OR 21DEC THROUGH 09JAN FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

JFK-DUB:
PERMITTED 19MAR THROUGH 12APR OR 25JUN THROUGH 22AUG OR
23NOV THROUGH 30NOV OR 18DEC THROUGH 04JAN FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

2 free transfers either side of the Atlantic, so you can get creative with routings to optimise for TP's
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Looking for a fare AMS-KUL for two for late august I see BA for €1,615.- each person on google flights, but for that fare you actually need to call them. At BA.COM it will be significantly more expensive.
Alternatively I could do the €1,441.- AMS-BKK and then MH to KUL but €1,615.- would be very attractive for all flights on a single booking.
So, before making the call (as I know how long one can be on hold when calling BA) I was curious whether anyone here has actually booked this particular fare.
Thanks in advance...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Looking for a fare AMS-KUL for two for late august I see BA for €1,615.- each person on google flights, but for that fare you actually need to call them. At BA.COM it will be significantly more expensive.
Alternatively I could do the €1,441.- AMS-BKK and then MH to KUL but €1,615.- would be very attractive for all flights on a single booking.
So, before making the call (as I know how long one can be on hold when calling BA) I was curious whether anyone here has actually booked this particular fare.
Thanks in advance...
The AMS-BKK fare allows travel via KUL (or HKG or SIN), and stopovers only add a little bit to the price. So you can book AMS-LHR-KUL (stopover) KUL-BKK-LHR-AMS and then it's all on one booking. e.g.:

Edit: Not the answer to the question you asked, but you might find it useful
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by bras0978
The AMS-BKK fare allows travel via KUL (or HKG or SIN), and stopovers only add a little bit to the price. So you can book AMS-LHR-KUL (stopover) KUL-BKK-LHR-AMS and then it's all on one booking. e.g.:
See thats the thing with that ticket, its not a stopover.. KUL is the destination and BKK is just another transit point on the way back.

Getting a ticket together where you actually get more than 24 hrs in HKG/KUL/SIN and BKK is another matter in that price range.

its a great fare getting to Asia but its bloody annoying it costs a arm and a leg to split up.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by Calum

See that’s the thing with that ticket, it’s not a stopover.. KUL is the destination and BKK is just another transit point on the way back.

Getting a ticket together where you actually get more than 24 hrs in HKG/KUL/SIN and BKK is another matter in that price range.

its a great fare getting to Asia but it’s bloody annoying it costs a arm and a leg to split up.
I think Great_Circle wasn't looking to spend time in BKK, so that routing might be useful. And it looks like you can do it with stops in both KUL and BKK:

Having said that, I'm having trouble trying to put together a similar itinerary for February 2019. Instead of not finding this fare and being very expensive, Matrix just says "no flights found". Anybody any ideas why that might be?

Edit: Managed to get some to come up, just needed to be a bit more flexible with dates.

Last edited by bras0978; Jun 12, 2018 at 9:04 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by bras0978
I think Great_Circle wasn't looking to spend time in BKK, so that routing might be useful. And it looks like you can do it with stops in both KUL and BKK:
That is correct, I was just trying to find a friendly priced premium fare to KUL and was just wondering if I call BA will they actually sell the ticket for 1615,- euros while online AMS-KUL-AMS will cost me twice as much
(Edit: AMS-KUL-BKK-AMS didn't seem to work at BA's website, even as multi city booking).

Last edited by Great_circle; Jun 12, 2018 at 11:00 am
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just note tho with that AMS-BKK fare, MH I class earns no TPs so you won't get anything for the KUL-BKK flight. LHR-KUL is a longer route tho so you'll earn 160 TP for it. I know this isn't this TP run thread but thought I would mention it in case TPs are of interest to those looking to book.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Just note tho with that AMS-BKK fare, MH I class earns no TPs so you won't get anything for the KUL-BKK flight. LHR-KUL is a longer route tho so you'll earn 160 TP for it. I know this isn't this TP run thread but thought I would mention it in case TPs are of interest to those looking to book.
So essentially you only lose out on 20 TP then as 40 TP for KUL-BKK that you don't get is offset by the extra 20 TP on LHR-KUL?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flashware
So essentially you only lose out on 20 TP then as 40 TP for KUL-BKK that you don't get is offset by the extra 20 TP on LHR-KUL?
yes that's how i have looked at it really, gain 20 and lose 40. LHR-SIN is another option (also earns 160) and you can do the CX flight from SIN-BKK which earns as normal.
flashware likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:39 pm

This trip will be in the first month of a new TP collection year, so thereafter still a good 11 months to collect ;-)
TP’s are always welcome but for me the main thing is to find a good priced fare to KUL.

KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
yes that's how i have looked at it really, gain 20 and lose 40. LHR-SIN is another option (also earns 160) and you can do the CX flight from SIN-BKK which earns as normal.
Just to add if someone might want to spend some time in KUL and needs the further 40 TP: There is also a RJ flight KUL-BKK on some days of the weeks (the other days the RJ flights goes from BKK on to HKG). That flight is a permitted routing option on the BA AMS-BKK fare and earns 40TP in I class.
flashware, KARFA, mikeyfly and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
There is also a RJ flight KUL-BKK on some days of the weeks (the other days the RJ flights goes from BKK on to HKG). That flight is a permitted routing option on the BA AMS-BKK fare and earns 40TP in I class.
And a very comfy way to go :-)
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
For anyone interested, it seems that out of AMS price were lowered for various US destinations in some dates in July, August and December.
I didn't check thoroughly but there is Montreal from €1253, Washington from €1356, RTM-NYC from €1323, Toronto from €1350.
Also LAS seems to be around €1680.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-nl...-class-flights
londonsmiler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.