Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by McCoy
Wow - it sounds like I'm reading about a third-rate truck stop café, just off the M6.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Some of the T4 CCR staff transitioned over to T5, but over time they've all (?) left,
Um, three of them are very much present! Two of them make regular appearances in CCR threads.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Um, three of them are very much present! Two of them make regular appearances in CCR threads.
Hence the "(?)"
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:39 am

Well I guess some people will say the new terrace cabanas are relaxing.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:51 am

Forgot to add that at least he took his shoes off. Suspect he may have stolen a Concorde model and hidden it though.
Kent and ashington80 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
NYLON Boy - Not that it makes any difference to your comments on the quality of food & service in the LHR CCR (on which we shall have to agree to differ), but for a year or more Peninsular staff no-longer serve in the CX lounges at HKG. CX lounges at HKG are now staffed through Plaza Premium. Doc Copper
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@bulkhead

Wonderful photo

Seems like he didn’t see the BA memo. Or, should I say, their website :

The Concorde room is the epitome of elegance and available at Heathrow Terminal 5 and JFK”

(wonder just how many what’s the problem, he’s not doing any harm-style comments will follow)
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by bulkhead

Well I guess some people will say the new terrace cabanas are relaxing.
Good lord.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Good lord.
Indeed. The scope for dissecting that photo is immense (cushion! socks! trackies! Nikes! acting shoes size!) but it may be tricky to stay on topic (unless it's split out into another thread I guess).
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed. The scope for dissecting that photo is immense (cushion! socks! trackies! Nikes! acting shoes size!) but it may be tricky to stay on topic (unless it's split out into another thread I guess).
Quite. Not sure where to start, so I don't think I will...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What a slob.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:17 am

I have to say, that photo aside, I’ve had rather a good time in the CCR and at LHR today so far today. First time though the F wing (no queues at all), a couple of glasses of LPGS on a front row lounger, a walk through the the tunnel to T5B and back to stretch my legs, managed to bag an inside Cabana for an hour (already wait-listed) for a shower and snooze, meal on a high table with another LPGS. Still time for a couple of BA175s before my flight in F to IAD. Can’t say I would have noticed the new furniture much at all (it neither wows nor jars) except that it is less tatty than before. Overall pretty positive.

Last edited by bulkhead; Nov 22, 2017 at 8:48 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by subject2load
@bulkhead

Wonderful photo

Seems like he didn’t see the BA memo. Or, should I say, their website :

The Concorde room is the epitome of elegance and available at Heathrow Terminal 5 and JFK”

(wonder just how many what’s the problem, he’s not doing any harm-style comments will follow)
Yup, utterly horrid behaviour.

Posting public pictures of people on the internet who've done nothing wrong, and commited no crime, without their permission, in order to shame them and have a good chuckle about how superior you all are, now that is the height of elegant, classy behaviour. If you're a 14 year old on snapchat. How on earth of people think this is OK? Far worse than anything the guy in the photo is doing.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by nallison
Yup, utterly horrid behaviour.

Posting public pictures of people on the internet who've done nothing wrong, and commited no crime, without their permission, in order to shame them and have a good chuckle about how superior you all are, now that is the height of elegant, classy behaviour. If you're a 14 year old on snapchat. How on earth of people think this is OK? Far worse than anything the guy in the photo is doing.

shhhhhhhh, that sort of comment won't go down well with the clique.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What clique, treating a public area as if it is your own home isn’t appropriate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.