Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It may be best not to take this too seriously. It strikes me as fairly amusing, the individual is in a public space, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. Moreover this thread is essentially about the recent changes to CCR itself rather than its users, so we best not get too diverted I would perhaps suggest.
Oh I don't, I was rather playing on the po-faced reaction of others to the photo. I do find it quite ugly though when people act so judgementally and proclaim their own superior class while themselves behaving in a way that is really quite lacking in it. I would say this guys behaviour is rather less damaging to society than it becoming a place where we can all have our picture plastered all other public forums and be publicly shamed the moment we let our guard down. Brave new world indeed.

I do find it sad we seem to be so far down the rabbit hole now that even grown adults think it's perfectly OK to post photos on the internet of people purely for the purpose of mocking them. I wasn't joking comparing this to 14 year olds on snapchat. And people say it's the youth of today who have forgotten etiquette...
Stez likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nallison
Oh I don't, I was rather playing on the po-faced reaction of others to the photo. I do find it quite ugly though when people act so judgementally and proclaim their own superior class while themselves behaving in a way that is really quite lacking in it. I would say this guys behaviour is rather less damaging to society than it becoming a place where we can all have our picture plastered all other public forums and be publicly shamed the moment we let our guard down. Brave new world indeed.

I do find it sad we seem to be so far down the rabbit hole now that even grown adults think it's perfectly OK to post photos on the internet of people purely for the purpose of mocking them. I wasn't joking comparing this to 14 year olds on snapchat. And people say it's the youth of today who have forgotten etiquette...
nallison - I'm sorry but you are just going on and on and on now! At the end of the day nobody has been hurt so it does not matter! All we have is a CHAV in a tracksuit thinking he is at home in an airport lounge; nothing more nothing less! There are far worse things on you tube for example! He clearly does not give a toss about the people around him hence the picture being taken in the first place so I really wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over it! And nobody has mocked him really it is just a bit of banter! You are going on like someone has being calling the poor lad every name under the sun or something

Last edited by Padmeister; Nov 22, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by bulkhead
I can assure you it’s not a child (but nice try playing that card).

I apologize I assumed it was a covert photo.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:14 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Isn't the simplest solution here to obscure the face of the persons in photo?

I tend to think that is a polite thing to do anyway, unless of course one has the subject's permission to post the photo, face and all.

That should help to keep the forum peace, hopefully, too.
It could also be the legal way. Private image protection laws are variable per country. In France you need this person consentment before publication, and jurisprudence said this Internet forum counts. You do the same in an AF lounge at CDG and you might find yourself in court.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by bulkhead

Well I guess some people will say the new terrace cabanas are relaxing.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:17 pm

Oh dear, let’s bring back conscription and the birch!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:22 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, we are now so far off-topic, and recently there’s been too much personal invective, that the time has come to close this thread.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.