Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I found the ORD one, which recently opened, to be excellent and a real surprise - perhaps just because my expectations of AA were rather low. It's a serious upgrade on the old flagship lounge.
I was in the ORD AA Flagship lounge last week. It was really nice, with everything looking new and sleek, not at all crowded, and food was surprisingly good. I had some grilled salmon, and blackbean & avocado salad (spicy), and mango salad from the buffet. Was impressed the food seemed both tasty and healthy. There were lots of people drinking the red wines (didn't partake so I didn't get the details) . In another area they had a fancy espresso machine and chocolate covered popcorn. Wifi was fast.

I suspect if T5 BA FLounge or CCR were brand new and had about 10% the traffic that they do, it could maintain a similarly sleek appearance. (But the buffets in Flounge would need to improve.)
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
and yet she likes the CCR best. Why? Because their magazine choice is better than in any of the other lounges.
I must admit that I strongly disagree with your wife on that as I precisely find the CCR magazine and newspapers selection poor. My pet problem is that the Conde Nast is now almost never to be found (it used to be there all the time) and I really couldn't care less about most of the magazines that they are getting (all for free - and for a reason I would say). I think that the CX selection is much better for instance.

As for newspapers, for instance, the CCR does not have a single newspaper in German, French, Spanish, or Italian. Of course, if you are knowledgeable and can be bothered, you could leave the CCR and get those in GF but not in the CCR, and your typical F flyer won't know anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've never looked at the magazines to be honest and only read a paper once.
Runner's World in the QF MEL F lounge was the only time I've ever picked up a magazine in any lounge.

The table with the mags in the CCR is just wasted space to me.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
My point is, that different people consider different elements to be important.

There is no 'correct' answer.

M
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I must admit that I strongly disagree with your wife on that as I precisely find the CCR magazine and newspapers selection poor. My pet problem is that the Conde Nast is now almost never to be found (it used to be there all the time) and I really couldn't care less about most of the magazines that they are getting (all for free - and for a reason I would say). I think that the CX selection is much better for instance.

As for newspapers, for instance, the CCR does not have a single newspaper in German, French, Spanish, or Italian. Of course, if you are knowledgeable and can be bothered, you could leave the CCR and get those in GF but not in the CCR, and your typical F flyer won't know anyway.
You mean you're not an avid monthly subscriber to "Elite Living Africa"? Pah!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

M
Yes just like everything else in life. I don't like Marmite so I don't buy it.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes just like everything else in life. I don't like Marmite so I don't buy it.
Yes but do you post on the marmite Internet forum asking other people who prefer jam, why they are posting in the marmite forum?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold

M
Exactly.

When travelling F to Vancouver recently I was with my wife and kids. They greatly preferred the BA Flounge in T3 as there was more space to move around in and also the buffet is very handy.

I made sure, however, we made time for a quick glass in CX Flounge. If I am travelling alone - there is no contest. But context is key.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I'm looking forward to my visit in less than two weeks and put an end to the debate. Surely my point of view will be the right one.

Jokes apart, has anyone been to the one of the new AA flagship lounges? How do they compare?
^ That's the whole point of travel; looking forward to the trip! Enjoy the CCR is a very nice place to spend time before a flight.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
^ That's the whole point of travel; looking forward to the trip! Enjoy the CCR is a very nice place to spend time before a flight.
Thank you! I still remember how excited I was my first time!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Is it just me or do the CCR sofas look like that time when BA tried to paint all sorts of fancy colours on the tail of their aircraft instead of the flag? I seem to recall Maggie putting a handkerchief over them at the launch and wonder if that will be required at my next visit.

I understand it is just a a chair but I have several chairs and sofas in my house, none of which look like those and can only imagine my wife's face if I had brought one of these specimens home!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by badoc
Is it just me or do the CCR sofas look like that time when BA tried to paint all sorts of fancy colours on the tail of their aircraft instead of the flag? I seem to recall Maggie putting a handkerchief over them at the launch and wonder if that will be required at my next visit.

I understand it is just a a chair but I have several chairs and sofas in my house, none of which look like those and can only imagine my wife's face if I had brought one of these specimens home!
Oh God, let’s not drag La Thatch into this already divisive topic!
orbitmic and badoc like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
She has visited a vast number of the 'top F Lounges' (based on those recommended and compared over the past 6 pages), and yet she likes the CCR best. Why? Because their magazine choice is better than in any of the other lounges
I’m pretty sure many of the forum members who don’t frequent the CCR would love to know what compelling ‘can’t get in any other top F lounge’ magazines are available here. Any insights ?
Petrus likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by BA235
Oh God, let’s not drag La Thatch into this already divisive topic!
Are you telling me that everyone did not adore " her wonderfulness "
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I’m pretty sure many of the forum members who don’t frequent the CCR would love to know what compelling ‘can’t get in any other top F lounge’ magazines are available here. Any insights ?
She can only pick up Stylist in the CCR (opposed to CX Pier in HKG, or QF Lounge in SYD)

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.