Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
I'm in the CCR for the first time since the new furniture. I quite like the new terrace layout but... what's happened to the service?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by robertf999
I'm in the CCR for the first time since the new furniture. I quite like the new terrace layout but... what's happened to the service?
What, there is some?
Dave_C, bullroot and ba_cityflyer like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The article is mostly about EK new F, but I'm copying it not for that but for the Cruz quote at the end that confirms the suggestions upthread that BA are seeing the limits of a 'mass F' strategy and want to restrict it further:

"At a speech in London on Tuesday, the British Airways chief executive, Alex Cruz, vowed: 'First Class is here to stay.' But he indicated that it will be restricted to some high-performing routes.
'There are a number of markets that do not need 14 seats in First Class every single day,' Mr Cruz said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a8050856.html
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The article is mostly about EK new F, but I'm copying it not for that but for the Cruz quote at the end that confirms the suggestions upthread that BA are seeing the limits of a 'mass F' strategy and want to restrict it further:

"At a speech in London on Tuesday, the British Airways chief executive, Alex Cruz, vowed: 'First Class is here to stay.' But he indicated that it will be restricted to some high-performing routes.
'There are a number of markets that do not need 14 seats in First Class every single day,' Mr Cruz said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a8050856.html
I suspect this would lead to a better overall product and CCR, sadly most of the people whingeing about it on here won’t get to experience it (including me) as prices soar and award availability and upgrades evaporate.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I suspect this would lead to a better overall product and CCR, sadly most of the people whingeing about it on here won’t get to experience it (including me) as prices soar and award availability and upgrades evaporate.
Other than the place being perhaps slightly less packed at times and thus being classed as more "exclusive", I doubt any real change in the overall product would actually occur.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:40 am

Granted, have not visited the CCR for a while, but have visited some other superb lounges like JAL F at Haneda, CX J and F at LHR T3 recently. To say that CCR, even with some new pink sofas, Cabanas on the terrace and apparently improved catering would be on par (or better!) is, with the greatest respect, not an objective POV.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I’m not going into the reasons why, this is homophobic and puerile.
Unfortunately totally lost in translation. Over time (like with so many words in many different languages) the meaning of the word 'gay' has been twisted totally away from what it really means. 'Gay' as in happy etc. Not homophobic and puerile. People, colours etc., all can be gay.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm looking forward to my visit in less than two weeks and put an end to the debate. Surely my point of view will be the right one.

Jokes apart, has anyone been to the one of the new AA flagship lounges? How do they compare?
Petrus likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by ringingup

Jokes apart, has anyone been to the one of the new AA flagship lounges? How do they compare?
JFK FL is a huge improvement on its predecessor but not comparable to the CCR. It is almost standing room only early evening because it’s open to J, F, OWE and OWS. I really wish they would rethink the access rules. I haven’t been in the separate dining room which is for F only.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
I haven’t been in the separate dining room which is for F only.
I will be trying it out as part of my next trip!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: Some
JFK FL is a huge improvement on its predecessor but not comparable to the CCR. It is almost standing room only early evening because it’s open to J, F, OWE and OWS. I really wish they would rethink the access rules. I haven’t been in the separate dining room which is for F only.
Would agree with this having also been to JFK only, probably better than GF (and with better champagne) but not to the level of the CCR. Also way too busy at peak times given very generous access rules.

Flagship Dining looks good but I'm not paying for AA F, thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:03 am

I was in there last Monday and it wasn't too bad. Plenty of places to sit and the food was ok. Brussels Sprouts were hard unfortunately (I like soft veggies) and the coke machine was broken.
Few hot items, veg, cold meats etc. Akin to GF I suppose.

Went into the First dining part as well and nothing special.
Half a dozen people in there and sound tends to echo a lot. Worse when a couple of people were having phone conversations.
No power points at the tables.
The beef ribs were nice and a bit of a kick to the gin based cocktail I had.

Would have had more off the menu (separate starter/main and dessert menus) but had an upcoming CX F flight so didn't want to overdo things.
5-15 mins for dishes (depending on how long cooking / preparation took).

Service was pretty good although not perfect considering the small size of the place and the low number of people in there.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Apart from CCR + CCR T7 I would add… NCL Terraces…
Hooray, there is at least one on the list which I’m realistically likely to be able to visit
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The last 6 pages of this thread have made for some really interesting reading.

I've been part of the FT community for just under 4 years; pretty much since my employment role became an international one.

The CCR is, as some have said, a bonus for frequent flyers. Most of us who spend our lives inside metal tubes, would rather be on the ground with our loved ones. However, we have all made conscious choices. Not many make a conscious effort to get CCR status; it just happens when your job entails sitting in 'waiting rooms'.

While a small improvement to people who fly infrequently may seem, small, to those of us who go back & forth through the CCR, the smallest changes can make a world of difference.

However, something I am often reminded of, is that the FT community is not the general public. My wife, for example, couldn't care less that the sofas have changed colour, or that there is now beach furniture on the terrace.

However, she does care that the sofas are cleaner, and more comfortable, than the old ones.

She has visited a vast number of the 'top F Lounges' (based on those recommended and compared over the past 6 pages), and yet she likes the CCR best. Why? Because their magazine choice is better than in any of the other lounges.

I can assure you, her answer surprised me; and I started to list reasons why the CCR wasn't as 'good' as The Pier in HKG for example, but it didn't matter to her.

We are all objective, and while some have criticised the CCR without seeing it, others have just accepted that any small improvements, are improvements nonetheless.

M
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
I'm looking forward to my visit in less than two weeks and put an end to the debate. Surely my point of view will be the right one.

I found the ORD one, which recently opened, to be excellent and a real surprise - perhaps just because my expectations of AA were rather low. It's a serious upgrade on the old flagship lounge.

It's also not as busy as the JFK one in my limited experience, and the food and drink options were particularly impressive, including a live chef station preparing pancakes and such like. A notch above Galleries First, I would say, though below the standard of the CCR and the CX First lounges. However, if you're a OWS member, I think it's the best OneWorld lounge you can currently access. My view on this latter point might change when the Qantas lounge opens at LHR T3 of course...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.