Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keepin' it Classy OneWorld Emerald!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
I don't put my feet on the bulkhead but I can't imagine getting upset by others doing so. Random guy clipping his toenails in his seat? Sure, that's nasty. Shoes on a surface I have no reason to touch? Meh.

Last edited by ClimbingCook; Oct 29, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:51 pm

I really wouldn't care if someone did that. It would be nicer if they took their shoes off first but I'm not going to be eating my dinner off or even touching that surface, so why get worked up about it? Especially to the point of taking a picture to post about on a web forum.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Flame3601
One of the deadly sins of flying commercially , punishment should be stripped of bulkhead privileges for life
Sorry picked the wrong post !
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Your shoes step on the ground, where for example is dog piss/.... and other stuff. You put these dirty shoes on the wall. Then other people come and slide along the wall to get into the window seat. Where you think this now transfers to?

Good manners are not to put shoes on walls or seats. Period.
A peek at other culture : That is why when you visit an Indian home, you remove your shoes as soon as you enter !
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by 355F1
Well, when she sat next to me on BA 268 in 62B LAX-LHR a night or two ago her boarding pass clearly stated EMERALD on the bottom.
After flying domestic in China this sort of thing no longer bothers me in the slightest. The things I've seen on Chinese domestic....
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by HMPS
A peek at other culture : That is why when you visit an Indian home, you remove your shoes as soon as you enter !
You do that almost *everywhere* in the world. The only place I've found it common to wear shoes inside, with all the dirt and literal crap that entails, is the US.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
You do that almost *everywhere* in the world. The only place I've found it common to wear shoes inside, with all the dirt and literal crap that entails, is the US.
I've been asked not to take off my shoes when entering a home in Mexico.

Serious question though, growing up watching TV you'd see people walking around their homes with shoes on. Does this actually happen in the US or is this just a hollywood thing?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by 355F1
I couldn't find an appropriate thread within the BA forum for pics like this but in the AA and DL forums we have threads.

It seems that most of the people who do this are not seasoned travelers.

Well, when she sat next to me on BA 268 in 62B LAX-LHR a night or two ago her boarding pass clearly stated EMERALD on the bottom.

At least she had her shoes on, I guess....???
11-hour overnight flight in BA economy, this is totally acceptable...She is probably trying to dodge the bedbugs crawling on the floor anyway...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think I've sat next to her. I once moved seats to get away from this type of person, as I was so offended by her lack of regard for others, and her shoes totally stank.

These are people who also litter and generally think the rest of the world exists to pick up after them.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Always remember when they had guards on trains they would come and tell passangers off for putting feet on an empty seat in front. Ultimately should not cabin crew police this if its ‘wrong’
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:50 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by nk15
11-hour overnight flight in BA economy, this is totally acceptable...She is probably trying to dodge the bedbugs crawling on the floor anyway...
It was PREMIUM Economy.

i just think it’s gross.

But i I just found out I got an OpUp to CW on my last mileage run leg LHR-LAX. So I think I’m over it! 😅😅😅

I’ll be sure to post any new misplaced feet here in the GF T5 lounge or on my flight to LAX in J in 4 hours!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Padmeister

Like the old saying taste and class is something money cannot buy
Exactly - some people don't see a problem, but it doesn't make it right!
PJSMITH0 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Exactly - some people don't see a problem, but it doesn't make it right!
The other month I was sat next to an Australian chap wearing very short shorts and bare feet which he proceeded to place on the bulkhead and pick away at. Grim.

Maybe it's a cultural thing... clean socks on the bulkhead for a brief period seems OK to me, bare feet or shoes both feel wrong with bare feet being an order of magnitude worse.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:01 am

How is this different to people in economy resting their greasy heads on the windows to sleep? On LH flights in such classes one does what one has to in order to survive in the small allocated space one has available.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC
It's rude because it makes scuff marks on the surface that someone else has to clean up and because someone else has to look at and smell your shoes and feet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.