Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keepin' it Classy OneWorld Emerald!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I wouldn’t do it with shoes. But I do it all
the time when I have flight socks on. It’s a comfortable position. I’m not dirtying the plane or leaving a mark. So not sure what the issue is...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I claim the observed height record (LHR-DUB)
Attached Images  
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
I claim the observed height record (LHR-DUB)
I would be soooo annoyed I would have to say something if I was sitting anywhere close to this!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CaroFos
I would be soooo annoyed I would have to say something if I was sitting anywhere close to this!
And if you said something to me I would tell you to go forth and multiply.

What exactly is the problem ?? Feet on the carpet, feet on the bulkhead ?? I am tall so the bulkhead is great to stress your legs against and if I am in the aisle and you want to get past then no problem whatsoever. In the end it's comfortable for the legs...end of
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:43 pm

I dont do this, but find the disgust from so many people rather interesting. I agree it's not a classy thing to do, per se, but I approach this as a "whatever helps you get through this" type of thing. It doesn't bother me one bit. The above photo is definitely crossing the line though.

Does anyone actually touch the bulkhead for any reason?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:47 pm

Not nearly as disgusting as changing diapers on the seatback tray table...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Padmeister
I totally disagree. Sometimes I read things on FT and I think for god sake get a grip! Or remove your head from up your own ar5e you get the picture however I totally agree with the OP this drives me mad you wouldn't do it at home so why do it on an aircraft or any public transport or in fact anywhere for that matter!

Like the old saying taste and class is something money cannot buy

The only difference is at home you would be lying on the couch.

Honestly you really need something else to occupy your time.

How many of you have approached these passengers and had them remove their offending feet?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: CX AY DL
it's not that unacceptable really...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
With shoes on, no, definitely not. With socks on, I see less of a problem.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I dont do this, but find the disgust from so many people rather interesting. I agree it's not a classy thing to do, per se, but I approach this as a "whatever helps you get through this" type of thing. It doesn't bother me one bit. The above photo is definitely crossing the line though.

Does anyone actually touch the bulkhead for any reason?
This. I also don't understand the offence this causes. People are not putting their feet on a surface with which other passengers will come into contact. It's not like people putting their feet on a table or seat.

Without wishing to sound provocative - what exactly is the problem? If it makes people more comfortable and doesn't directly impinge on other people's space or comfort what is the issue?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
And if you said something to me I would tell you to go forth and multiply.
Nice!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
This. I also don't understand the offence this causes. People are not putting their feet on a surface with which other passengers will come into contact. It's not like people putting their feet on a table or seat.

Without wishing to sound provocative - what exactly is the problem? If it makes people more comfortable and doesn't directly impinge on other people's space or comfort what is the issue?
It's kind of about line of sight... but I take on board some might not give a monkey's about making others uncomfortable by their actions and obviously for those of us who don't want to look at someone's legs all over the cabin and resting their hands on their crotch I guess we can always wear eye masks.

Small space / respect for others / behave appropriately. That's all.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:24 pm

for note.. I have more of a problem about Uncle T's post than the 11hour flight Emerald lady... (I've probably done that one myself with my shoes off/airline socks on) - but the former is clearly a short haul flight and as someone else has said - crosses the line!!

Outside shoes / bare feet - not nice.

Last edited by CaroFos; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:18 pm Reason: Changed ‘latter’ to ‘former’
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
I have never done this, because I never pick that seat-- But for those who sit in that bulkhead I know it is super annoying when people think the bulkhead is an isle.. I would put my feet up too to prevent people from walking past me like it's a two way street...

Now that is the issue- not her fut on the bulkhead, but the people who use the bulkhead as an isle
I struggle to imagine anyone could mistake that little path for an entire landmass
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by smokie36
The only difference is at home you would be lying on the couch.

Honestly you really need something else to occupy your time.

How many of you have approached these passengers and had them remove their offending feet?
Oh no see you are wrong I have plenty of things to occupy my time! I am a tall guy and further upthread someone else commented they would do it because they are tall and anything to get comfortable but I would not do it I would feel like a knob if I did and I know everybody else would.be thinking "mate get your feet down" we are all different this is just one of my pet hates. Like I say people on FT moan about the craziest of things and I have lost count how many times I have thought to myself get a grip; get a life; and some people on here clearly live incredibly privileged lives; however putting your feet up on anything public transport or not is just rude and unsightly.
CaroFos likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.