Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keepin' it Classy OneWorld Emerald!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:56 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Some posts have been removed which either commented on an individual’s habits by bypassing the profanity filter, or showed a full body picture which left no doubt as to the person’s identity.

If members feel the need to share their thoughts and images, under FT rules we need those contributions to be respectful of the person and not invasive of their privacy.

/mod
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Now we should discuss putting feet on tables in the lounges!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by lpeterman
With or without shoes?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lpeterman
That’s wrong too. On footstools yes ^ - tables no Simples. And definitely no bare feet.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Putting feet on the bulkhead is different from a table: food is served from one but not the other.
Flamenguista likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
With or without shoes?
Shoes IMO belong on the ground. Just look how dirty streets are in big cities. You step in pee, vomit, ...., garbage, that juice leaking from dust bins (e.g. Chinatown), etc. Shoes belong nowhere other than the ground.

Without shoes it's slightly different. Don't rub smelly feet under my nose and keep your feet off surfaces from which other people will eat or drink.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:14 pm

I've read a few threads on this topic but never bothered to comment until this one. There are loads of posts saying "Would you do this at home?" as if a plane and a home are the same thing.

if, for whatever reason, I lived in such a small home that my little chair faced a nearby wall, and said wall was covered in washable plastic, then yes, I'd put my feet up on it.
renwaldo likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Flamenguista

Does anyone actually touch the bulkhead for any reason?
You sometimes need to brush against the bulkhead to get in/out of the row from 1A/F for instance without disturbing 1C/D (I am talking about LHR CE config here).

One of the reasons why I do not travel in a light-coloured jacket/skirt.

Originally Posted by WorldLux

Without shoes it's slightly different.
I have seen a lot of scratches on the bulkhead from the shoes (and hard debris thereon like stones caught in grooves I guess) so I'd say shoes-on is worse. I don't think they can be wiped clean once the bulkheads have been scratched like that. I see that as a bigger problem than the actual act of putting one's feet up there to be honest. It was pretty sad to see those scratches very shortly after the aircraft was refurbed - they were quite deep scratches too.

If their feet don't smell and they have clean socks on, I wouldn't mind them much to be honest, but not many people would be so prepared to carry clean socks to change into for bulkhead purposes, perhaps!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:23 pm

I see nothing wrong with this. Obviously within reason, there are some bad ones out there like the guy looking to make some sort of height record. Hell, I've got my legs on my ottoman as we speak.

The benefits of getting a bulkhead seat include being able to stretch your legs out. It's not a surface that people eat, sleep, touch so what's the problem? If the problem is that you shouldn't put your feet up, well then by that logic, people with a whole row to themselves shouldn't sleep across in hobo class either then.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:23 pm

I have my bare feet up on my coffee table as I type.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I have my bare feet up on my coffee table as I type.
I have my bare feet on my couch, your point? I still think that it is inappropriate on surfaces where someone may eat from. And shoes definitely don't belong anywhere else than the ground. I sometimes envy the Japanese on that point that have house shoes ready for visitors.

Another point may be that it is consider disrespectful to show your soles. Particularly in the Middle East that's a "don't do".

Last edited by WorldLux; Oct 30, 2017 at 4:29 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I have my bare feet on my coach
Tennis or golf?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
This. I also don't understand the offence this causes. People are not putting their feet on a surface with which other passengers will come into contact. It's not like people putting their feet on a table or seat.

Without wishing to sound provocative - what exactly is the problem? If it makes people more comfortable and doesn't directly impinge on other people's space or comfort what is the issue?
Your shoes step on the ground, where for example is dog piss/.... and other stuff. You put these dirty shoes on the wall. Then other people come and slide along the wall to get into the window seat. Where you think this now transfers to?

Good manners are not to put shoes on walls or seats. Period.
PJSMITH0 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:41 pm

I think the main deal with this is that you don't wanna put your feet directly into the field of vision of another person. I'd be a bit irritated if I sat next to someone doing that and then all flight I'd be looking at their feet (and smelling their sweaty socks/shoes/feet).

And that one champ had his foot so high, it'd be basically right next to the face of a shorter person standing there. That's not cool.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity.
Low class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.