Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:00 pm

Of course, it's not a lounge for connections or for spending any amount of time. Just a place to get a shower and a quick snack after you arrive.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Not very familiar with 4 vs 4s.

I arrive on IB from MIA in Premium Y as a OWS.

8 hours on the ground and then I depart in Y on RJ to AMM.

Will 4S be my lounge? I'm not certain when I can check in for RJ. Thinking I will be HBO so that may help if I can get a mobile BP.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You will arrive and depart into/from T4S. Disembark, security, back downstairs to duty free where the lounge is. RJ use the Iberia lounge in T4S.

If you are on one ticket then you should be able to get a BP in MIA. If not, then you can try checking in online on rj.com and getting a BP, but I have never been successful in doing this. Even so, the lounge might want an invite from RJ check-in...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
You will arrive and depart into/from T4S. Disembark, security, back downstairs to duty free where the lounge is. RJ use the Iberia lounge in T4S.

If you are on one ticket then you should be able to get a BP in MIA. If not, then you can try checking in online on rj.com and getting a BP, but I have never been successful in doing this. Even so, the lounge might want an invite from RJ check-in...
Thanks! Two tickets so I'm guessing I'll need to enter Spain and wait until RJ is ready to open checkin? Or can a transit desk help? No way to stay in 4s upon arrival until RJ desk is open?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, the T4 Sala Dalí lounge has been closed for refurbishment since 30 July. I expect it to reopen mid-November. The alternatives are a voucher for a nearby café, or the landside Aena Business Centre.

This thread is regarding the T4S - where all BA flights depart from - Sala Velázquez lounge which was being refurbished in two sections last summer.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Has anyone figured out the evening dining arrangements? Is there a menu or it is the buffet? There were rumours of a dining menu when they refurbed...?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Has anyone figured out the evening dining arrangements? Is there a menu or it is the buffet? There were rumours of a dining menu when they refurbed...?
I've only ever seen a buffet, but quite frankly, you would be far better off asking that in the IB forum where people may have a lot more experience of that lounge than us here.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
There's a separate dining room at the far left hand corner of the lounge open in the evenings for longhaul IB-operated J pax.

My review of this lounge is here:

Pictorial Lounge Review: MAD Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:52 pm

Thanks - it seemed like a LH J thing and indeed so it is. Normal food looks great anyway, thanks for the replies.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:30 am

What an amazing lounge - fantastic showers, great selection of cold food (was there 5-7pm) and snacks, 8 reds, 4 whites plus cava, selection of beers, spirits etc. One of the best outside of LHR Terminal 3 on the European network, if not the best. However, you lot really weren’t kidding about the distance between everything... T4 to T4S, Lounge to gate 2... mad!
makeitthisfar and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I liked the lounge but there was a huge amount of plates and bottles left around which wasn't cleaned up quickly. We explored the lounge and regretted we didn't turn right. The bar area is much better than if yo turn left. The food was great.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:45 pm

My tuna was cleared away before I’d finished and whilst I was getting wine v3.0... perhaps they got the message?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.