FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874002-madrid-t4s-lounge-now-open-sala-vip-velazquez.html)

NeilP Oct 25, 17 1:09 pm

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

2 Attachment(s)
The new refurbished lounge in Madrid T4S is now open, and what a wonderful place... Admittedly its late so nice and quiet, but the facilities look great - showers, 2 x bar areas, reasonable selection of food and ample seating with power sockets. The beer fridge has a great selection too.

I have to admit i like LHR T5 first lounge, but food aside this bests it hands down.

Greenpen Oct 25, 17 1:47 pm

I do get muddled by MAD lounges; is this one the very nice Velasquez or the dull Dali?

corporate-wage-slave Oct 25, 17 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 28976060)
I do get muddled by MAD lounges; is this one the very nice Velasquez or the dull Dali?

Velázquez, in the Satellite, so better for BA services and a few IB. Dalí is in the main terminal, and used by IB generally and BACF.

NeilP Oct 25, 17 1:52 pm

There’s 2 lounges: T4 and T4S.

T4S is the satellite terminal, Velazquez which has been refurbished.

T4 lounge is Dali, but still very nice.

Pumplekin Oct 25, 17 1:54 pm

T4 = Dalí Lounge
T4S = Velazquez Lounge

BA6501 Oct 25, 17 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28976072)
Velázquez, in the Satellite, so better for BA services and a few IB. Dalí is in the main terminal, and used by IB generally and BACF.

No more BACF at MAD unfortunately.

Dalí should be closing tonight - fully, not in two stages like Velázquez, for 6-7 weeks. Vouchers for a café y tostada and wifi should be provided.

Finavia Oct 25, 17 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 28976179)
No more BACF at MAD unfortunately.

Dalí should be closing tonight - fully, not in two stages like Velázquez, for 6-7 weeks. Vouchers for a café y tostada and wifi should be provided.

Can anyone clarify this point. Have a three hour layover in Madrid main terminal this Saturday and I was hoping to use the Dalì lounge. I will be arriving on a BA fligt then departing on an Iberia domestic from the main terminal on a separate ticket, so will have to collect luggage and recheck. Is there any way of using the satellite lounge before departing from the main terminal if Dalì is closed? Any advice much appreciated.

BA6501 Oct 25, 17 5:40 pm

Unfortunately no, not possible.
Rest assured that the collect and recheck process can take a good hour and a half, so your layover won't be as long as it seems.

Finavia Oct 25, 17 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 28977050)
Unfortunately no, not possible.
Rest assured that the collect and recheck process can take a good hour and a half, so your layover won't be as long as it seems.

I guessed that would be the case but would like to know if the Dalì Lounge has already been closed.

SvenAge Oct 25, 17 6:30 pm

deleted

BA6501 Oct 25, 17 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finavia (Post 28977084)
I guessed that would be the case but would like to know if the Dalì Lounge has already been closed.

The initial plan was for it to close the day after Velázquez opened. That was supposed to be Monday, but was today. I'd expect it to be closed from tomorrow onwards, and I can report back as of next Thursday.

BlackBerryAddict Oct 26, 17 3:32 am

Have they reinstated the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the refurbished Velazquez lounge ?

bhbloke Oct 26, 17 3:36 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict (Post 28978597)
Have they reinstated the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the refurbished Velazquez lounge ?

The big question, was just about to ask!

Hope they haven't done away with the little Haagen Dazs freezer. :cool:

Pascoe Oct 26, 17 4:27 am

I must have missed it by a day as the divider was still up when I used it on Tuesday.

Oh well. Next time.

rockflyertalk Oct 26, 17 5:07 am

Just to clarify and it may help newbies to FT, is this an Iberia or BA or 3rd party lounge?

I assume its not a BA Lounge outright.

Looks great. Thanks.