Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Just to clarify and it may help newbies to FT, is this an Iberia or BA or 3rd party lounge?
These are Iberia's lounges, which is open to oneworld frequent flyers in the usual way. The main thread is to be found here:

Iberia lounges at Madrid Barajas (T4/T4S)
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:15 am

Just to clarify and it may help newbies to FT, is this an Iberia or BA or 3rd party lounge?

I assume its not a BA Lounge outright.

Looks great. Thanks.
It is an Iberia lounge. Standard oneworld business lounge access rules apply, including guests for those with BAEC or other oneworld status.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold

I assume its not a BA Lounge outright.

Looks great. Thanks.
It is an Iberia lounge

Last edited by GadgetGal; Oct 26, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:16 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Oooo. We are flying from T4S to Guatemala City in less than 2 weeks, so I'll look forward to checking it out!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Finavia
I guessed that would be the case but would like to know if the Dalì Lounge has already been closed.
The Dali lounge was open yesterday (Wednesday) when I visited mid afternoon.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Flying to MAD next weekend so will get to try it out.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Originally Posted by NeilP
The new refurbished lounge in Madrid T4S is now open, and what a wonderful place... Admittedly its late so nice and quiet, but the facilities look great - showers, 2 x bar areas, reasonable selection of food and ample seating with power sockets. The beer fridge has a great selection too.
I went thru last week. I had no idea it had been closed. We had been to the lounge a number of times before on previous trips thru Madrid. We were there in the morning before our flight to ORD. Reasonable selection of items for breakfast: omelette, salmon, turkey, various sandwiches, cereals, and coffees. Didn't look at the alcoholic selections.

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 9, 2017 at 5:32 am Reason: repair quotation frame
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I do get muddled by MAD lounges; is this one the very nice Velasquez or the dull Dali?

Dalí = bright spacious modern design

Velázquez = dark, grotty, low ceiling, garage style
(planespotters like it though)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by NeilP
The new refurbished lounge in Madrid T4S is now open, and what a wonderful place... Admittedly its late so nice and quiet, but the facilities look great - showers, 2 x bar areas, reasonable selection of food and ample seating with power sockets. The beer fridge has a great selection too.

I have to admit i like LHR T5 first lounge, but food aside this bests it hands down.

Looks like Air France's CDG lounges.

Good that they have replaced the worn out 70s style furniture
but it looks like they have reduced the food and drink selection a lot...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Iberia. No BA outstation at MAD that I am aware of.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not sure I like it or not. Those chairs don't look very comfortable compared to the old leather ones and the modern colour scheme is a bit on the bright side.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm a bit confused now, I'm flying from Mad to LHR on IB3180 mid November, it says T4, so I'm assuming I won't be able to go to T4s for the lounge, do they offer any alternative? Is it worth contacting BA (the flight was booked with a BA codeshare number) and change the flights? I have a 3 hour layover there.
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by deco105
I'm a bit confused now, I'm flying from Mad to LHR on IB3180 mid November, it says T4, so I'm assuming I won't be able to go to T4s for the lounge, do they offer any alternative? Is it worth contacting BA (the flight was booked with a BA codeshare number) and change the flights? I have a 3 hour layover there.
Thanks
I think we are still waiting for a definitive timeframe for the closure of Dalí but that is the lounge for your flight, in the main terminal building, and the indications are that for your flight you will be given a refreshment voucher and a wifi code instead of lounge access. And you won't be able to get to T4S, nor frankly is it practical, it could easily add 30 minutes to your trip just getting there and back. If you moved to a BA metal flight then you do get lounge access, but perhaps that has to be balanced against the fact that depending on your tastes the IB flight should offer better food catering during the flight.

You could try moving to a BA flight, depending on how flexible your ticket is, but that normally comes at a cost. One possibility: has your flight timings been moved by even 1 minute since you first booked it? That is one reason which would allow an agent to change to BA metal.
deco105 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I was in the Velasquez lounge on Friday during its busy late morning period and it was very busy indeed and me and my colleague struggled to find a free space. I then went to the toilet and it appears they have gotten rid of the urinals, and no cubicles were free and people were queueing for cubicles, so I just went in the main terminal building. It was my least pleasant experience of the lounge to date. Decor is nice but it was fine before.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Was this last Friday (20th) rather than yesterday? That was before the second half had reopened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.