Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for your efforts CWS

It looks like a big step forward in terms of quality and experience, and with the addition of the new bedding it will make CW feel special again I think.

I know I sound like a broken record but the only thing I can't buy into are these stemless wine glasses. It will feel like I'm drinking cheap wine at a mates uni dorm
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to the rest.

I am falling in love with DO & CO.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Thank you for the report.

It all looks good.

Even more to miss when they can't be bothered to load the right food and drink.

Shame it is beyond them to carry this out on other routes until next year, or manana, or avrio............
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
It really does look like a huge improvement from the CW offering up to now. I really like the small touches such as the plate for the drink & nuts round, and the way the bread is presented. The trolley style service seems very much like that offered on CX and also QF (for their desserts).

Only, minor, criticism would be that it appears the mains are still plated ahead of time and then reheated on the plate rather than the better QF approach of reheating and then plating onto clean plates which leads to a better presentation. Other small gripe would be the gap between the drinks and starters. Hopefully this may improve as the crew get familiar with the new service.

One question for c-w-s, did they offer a second drink (and more nuts) before the starters?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Like everyone else I am very grateful to you CWS for this lightning-quick account ^

The starters, salad, desserts and drinks look like a massive step up.

However I must admit to being disappointed on the mains. The menu reads well, but the tell-tale tide mark on the beef shows they are served in the receptacle they are cooked in and not plated. Perhaps it's me but I just don't like eating out of these casserole-type dishes.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Like everyone else I am very grateful to you CWS for this lightning-quick account ^

The starters, salad, desserts and drinks look like a massive step up.

However I must admit to being disappointed on the mains. The menu reads well, but the tell-tale tide mark on the beef shows they are served in the receptacle they are cooked in and not plated. Perhaps it's me but I just don't like eating out of these casserole-type dishes.
I get that, although for me I don't mind as I know at least this way the plate will be hot.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

1:45 from take off to starters seems a bit long. Hopefully it will improve in time.

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Wow. Very impressed. Looks really good! Hats off to BA for the change!

Thanks for the quick report! Looks fantastic and just the improvement many of us were hoping for...

Let's hope this is the start of something special for CW.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Thank you cws for your report. This looks really good.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Thanks for the report - genuinely impressed and excited ! Combined with the new bedding etc ... this is very compelling as an offer and glad to hear the crew were proud to be offering the improvements!

Roll on a new seat on top of this and we could be looking at something market leading #BA
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:40 pm

I've been shown the latest plans for the new Club seat and if they are followed through, they'll make these catering improvements look like small fry...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Looks like a very significant (and much needed!) improvement to the CW food offering. Hope it sticks and expands to the rest of the route network soon! ^
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
It looks very smart, with good portioning, and I love that the style is about tempting the passenger, that must help create a "feel good" factor for the passenger.

I've seen the starters and desserts/cheese before thanks to a BA insider posting about it on Twitter during their training, and my first thought was "Wow. Real, actual food, that looks appetising."

The mains, which I'm seeing for the first time, look appetising as well. In particular they appear colourful, which isn't always the easiest - often with re-heated food, it's easy to end up with "a bowl of wet brown stuff".
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
I've been shown the latest plans for the new Club seat and if they are followed through, they'll make these catering improvements look like small fry...
Oh you are a tease! Are you related to Kenny Everett?

Thanks CWS , great report and photos. Like the look of the three in one bread roll! I always look at the second meal on the menu but never feel hungry enough to want one after an overnight flight. Still wonder how the crew feel about that wine carrier though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.