Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 person serving F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I am certainly not saying that the alternative of cancelling the flight was better. That would have caused even worse inconvenience than slow service.

However, those affected by poor service due to the strike need emphasise to BA that it doesn't mean customers are not being upset just because they are not needing to cancel the flight, and express their dissatisfaction. Otherwise it might end up carrying on bumping along.

In other words, complaints may help a tiny bit towards ending this strike.
I doubt it. The only thing that would make a difference is taking your business elsewhere. And even then only if done in volume.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
2 crew members in First on MIA - LHR last night. Crew did an amazing job but they were having to run around like crazy. Air con didn't work on the ground (you don't need that in the Florida summer!) and IFE took ages to boot up. Gave them both Golden Tickets but I wonder what message that sent to management!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
If the two FAs each passed on their Golden Tickets to their line manager (which is what I suppose would happen) then this would give a solid signal to management that two rather than three FAs are OK to work the First cabin. Doc Copper
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
If the two FAs each passed on their Golden Tickets to their line manager (which is what I suppose would happen) then this would give a solid signal to management that two rather than three FAs are OK to work the First cabin. Doc Copper
+ 1 (or, in this case, I guess we're talking minus one !)

I have visions of our leader's (BoB-style) post-strike statement already being tweaked in preparation :

"We always attach great importance to the views of our passengers, and recent feedback shows that the optimal number of crew to deliver the best possible experience in our First cabins ........"
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by subject2load
+ 1 (or, in this case, I guess we're talking minus one !)

I have visions of our leader's (BoB-style) post-strike statement already being tweaked in preparation :

"We always attach great importance to the views of our passengers, and recent feedback shows that the optimal number of crew to deliver the best possible experience in our First cabins ........"
I'm pretty sceptical when it comes to BA, but even I'm fairly sure 1 crew member in 789 F isn't going to happen as a permanent thing. That would give BA F a worse crew to passenger ratio than several J cabins (e.g. QR 787).
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Complain that was terrible service, why did she put herself in the position of working on flights that are not fully crewed, she has no one to blame but herself.
Are you saying this because you are so pro-union you cannot imagine why anybody would want to help out?

Originally Posted by m3red
1 for F is not good enough for F, but we need more details about the nature of the delays.
You cannot get more details. "Nature of delays" presumes you follow her around 24-7 and see exactly what she does every single second and whether or not she is the most efficient person in the world?

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I once had to serve drinks and make BBQ for 12 demanding women. All carried out successfully without breaking into a sweat.
I think many executives, if they were willing to, can actually do a good job doing entry-level work. They usually are brilliant and can learn quickly and are very efficient. But if someone is that good at the low-level they can usually rise up.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I do agree that one should complain but I more suspect that the reply would add insult to injury rather than adding one ounce of pressure on BA to settle the MF dispute.
I would not be making a service level-related complaint with the expectation of much in the way of response right now, but if the point is made succinctly by many people, it might just help a bit.

It seems to me that BA's thinking is that it's going OK because they're not cancelling flights but it's clearly not OK on many flights and if people don't complain, they might think it's OK to crew F with one and cut the number down permanently
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Are you saying this because you are so pro-union you cannot imagine why anybody would want to help out?

You cannot get more details. "Nature of delays" presumes you follow her around 24-7 and see exactly what she does every single second and whether or not she is the most efficient person in the world?

I think many executives, if they were willing to, can actually do a good job doing entry-level work. They usually are brilliant and can learn quickly and are very efficient. But if someone is that good at the low-level they can usually rise up.
I am not pro union I'm pro colleagues sticking together for the benefit of everyone.
SW7London and gingeola like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Our flight to PEK last week had at least 3 silver-tied CC. I asked the CSM if someone important was on board - he laughed and said "yes, you sir!" He then explained that they were one down on crew but the service, even in a nearly full 777-300 CW dorm, was faultless - the Chinese speaking crew seemed to almost fly up and down the aisles!!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Had a flight to AUH last week where they were 3 crew members down, which resulted in only one CC in F.

There were only two pax booked until about 3 hours before the flight when another 5 were added [all in one party], so nearly full cabin.

Service wasn't very slow, but you could see that CC was busy most of the time, running back and forth.

On the way back they were 2 CC down, but the cabin was emptier and a lot of passengers were sleeping throughout the flight, so it was somewhat easier on the crew.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I think we all need to be flying when you do as your experiences seem to be far better than most of us are m here on practically everything.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I can be held responsible for the quality of service I receive on board.

I've just returned from LAS on one of those "old" planes (G-CIVT). I found the First cabin to be clean and in a good state of repair, with no obvious signs of wear and tear. The toilets were clean, there were 14 cabin crew on board with a full complement in First.

I had a rather decent 4 course dinner served by an excellent Worldwide Crew. It was a typical First experience and not unlike the vast majority of my BA long haul flights.

Now, I'm not suggesting for one minute that there aren't times when the First experience is poor or indifferent, the OP's experience was certainly a poor one. But those poor experiences are the exception and not the norm - despite what others would have us believe.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Aug 27, 2017 at 5:29 am Reason: bloody autocorrect
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Update

I thought I would update you all. Ignore the fact my handle name has changed, that is due to FT not being able to reset my passowrd(long story!). I am the original MANCHESTER!

A couple of days ago I got a call from BA replying to my feedback. It was a brief call where I was told they are sorry, it's all due to the strikes, they hope I will fly again with them and no I'm not getting any compo, not even a few avios to say sorry! Not surprised, but it's really made me not want to give them any more of my cash whilst they have this attitude. Am off to Miami soon and will fly someone else, even if the cost is higher or the route less convenient.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by MANCHESTER99
I was told they are sorry, it's all due to the strikes, they hope I will fly again with them and no I'm not getting any compo
That is embarrassing for all concerned at British Airways.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
BA are taking the **** they will get away with anything they can.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER99
A couple of days ago I got a call from BA replying to my feedback. It was a brief call where I was told they are sorry, it's all due to the strikes, they hope I will fly again with them and no I'm not getting any compo, not even a few avios to say sorry! Not surprised, but it's really made me not want to give them any more of my cash whilst they have this attitude. Am off to Miami soon and will fly someone else, even if the cost is higher or the route less convenient.
I think I can dispense with the usual greeting to new members! But if you are not happy with this outcome, and are prepared to take it further, you do have a few options open to you if you don't think you got the service you paid for:
- CEDR
- MCOL
- Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
I appreciate it may be more hassle than it is worth, but if enough people did it, it may just swing the pendulum a bit over from its current position. I did detect a small amount of movement recently, but it is certainly difficult to detect in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.